This program is designed for high school students who wish to learn about mechanical engineering from engineering students, faculty members, and professionals in the field. Participants will explore one of the sub-areas of mechanical engineering each week. Register for the event below.
The program will take place at Manhattan College campus for five weeks, from July 10 to August 11, and will run from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. each day. Each module (week) will offer a variety of activities such as:
- Hands-on workshops and lectures presented by mechanical engineering professors.
- Tours of Manhattan College’s labs and facilities.
- Information sessions on topics such as “how is the life of a mechanical engineering student at Manhattan College," “what you will be doing as a mechanical engineer”, and “how to apply to become a mechanical engineer”.
- Presentations from student clubs and student projects, giving insight into the life of a mechanical engineering student.
- Hands-on experiences and competitions.
Students have the option to participate in one to five weeks of the program. Those who complete at least one week will receive a certificate of completion, which grants them a no cost application to Manhattan College’s engineering program (worth $75).
Program Schedule: (Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.):
● Week 1, July 10 - July 14, Biomechanics, Dr. Parisa Saboori & Dr. Zahra Shahbazi
● Week 2, July 17 - July 21, Artificial Intelligence, Dr. Zahra Shahbazi & Dr. Masoud Masoumi
● Week 3, July 24 - July 28, Aerospace, Dr. Bahareh Estejab & Dr. Nicholas May
● Week 4, July 31- Aug 4, Sustainable Energy, Dr. Lina Baroudi & Dr. Stephen Peluso
● Week 5, Aug 7 - Aug 11, Robotics, Dr. Peyman Honarmandi
Program Fees: Interested students can apply now and pay a $450 fee for each week of the program. The program has limited spots available and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The application deadline is May 14. Application fee is fully refundable, minus a $50 processing fee, until May 10. After that, it is not refundable.
Before/after program: There is an option for early drop off at 8:30 am and late pick up at 3:30 pm for an additional fee of $100 per week.
Lunch/Snack: Parents must provide a cold lunch and a snack in a sealed lunch box daily.
Contact Information: If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com, or call us at (718) 862-7145.
Register for the Institute