Beta Alpha Psi is an international honor organization for financial information students and professionals in business programs accredited by AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. There are more than 300 chapters on college and university campuses nationwide with over 300,000 members initiated since Beta Alpha Psi's formation.
Beta Alpha Psi seeks to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes:
- promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems
- providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals
- encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility
The Manhattan College chapter of Beta Alpha Psi was established in 2006. As one of the College’s most active student organizations, Beta Alpha Psi hosts dozens of events each year ranging from guest speakers on campus to field trips to professional sites in New York City.
To qualify for membership, undergraduates must have:
- a minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- taken at least one upper-level course in accounting, finance or information systems toward their major
- active participation in the chapter’s professional and service activities