Earn an internationally recognized TEFL certificate from Manhattan College and gain experience in the classroom with a two-week practicum in New York City.
- Online, self-paced training plus the in-person practical experience in NYC
- Complete 100 hours of TEFL training online from anywhere in the world, at a pace that fits your schedule. Then opt to practice your teaching skills with a 20-hour practicum on the Manhattan College campus in Riverdale, New York.
- Qualify to teach English around the world, both online and abroad
- Qualify for an ESL job overseas in over 25 countries or online English teaching positions.
- Get the skills you need to succeed in the classroom.
- Learn essential skills such as lesson planning and classroom management in addition to culturally responsive teacher training, digital literacy, and classroom community building.
Why choose Manhattan College?
A person-centered educational experience. Established in 1853, Manhattan College views teaching as a vocation as well as a profession. It is committed to providing a person-first education approach that encourages personal development, professional success, civic engagement, and community service.
Broad learning and rigorous technical training. Manhattan College seeks to combine a comprehensive education in all subjects alongside technical training to ensure professional success after graduation.
With a focus on providing education to those most in need, Manhattan College is proud to have many students in their diverse student body be the first in their families to attend university. The dedicated faculty impress upon their students the importance of giving back to the community.