pause world-wide-web instagram volume-medium linkedin flickr basketball devices home pencil person-money rss slider-left-arrow slider-right-arrow slider-left-arrow slider-right-arrow star video-transcript close hamburger minus plus account arrow certificate city globe graduation-cap graph handshake info info-2 map play search snapchat twitter facebook file-text-o youtube tumblr camera file-text

International Graduate Applicants

Each graduate program has specific admissions requirements. Please make sure to review those for your program of interest.  

Any application related documents should be uploaded to the application portal on this page. Please do not email us directly any application related documents. 

Official transcripts/credential evaluations should be sent electronically directly by the issuing institution(s) at

Visa Status 

International students can apply for a visa and enroll in the Fall or Spring terms. New admits that need to fulfill prerequisite courses and/or program requirements can do so before coming to the United States by taking those courses online in the summer, if offered in that particular program.

Make sure to apply early and plan ahead to allow time to process your SEVIS paperwork. 

  • If you are currently in the United States on a visa, you will also need to supply a copy of your current I-20
  • If you are planning to transfer your I-20 to Manhattan College, you will need to also fill out a SEVIS transfer release form


All international applicants who were educated outside of the United States for their undergraduate and/or graduate degree must provide a course-by-course evaluation report (which should be inclusive of your official transcripts), showing grades for each course and overall GPA, provided by one of the agencies listed on the NACES website.

In certain cases, applicants may be exempt having to submit an evaluation if educated in foreign countries where there is clearly a 4.0 GPA scale for the college degree(s) where the GPA scale explanation is listed on the the transcript.

English Language Requirement

Non-native English speakers are required to demonstrate their English proficiency. This can be done in three ways:

  • TOEFL (minimum 80)
  • IELTS (minimum overall score - 6.5)
  • Duolingo (minimum overall score - 110 out of 160)

If the primary language of your university or college program was English, you may qualify for a waiver.

Criteria for exempt applicants:

  • If the applicant attended one academic year of study at a university or college in a country where English is the first official language (does not include IELP programs)
  • If the applicant is currently enrolled at a U.S. institution and has completed a 100-level (or equivalent) English Composition course and at least 12 credit hours of 100-level (or equivalent) courses
  • If the applicant was educated in one of these countries

Financial Declaration

If you require an F-1 Visa, you will also need to demonstrate your financial responsibility to cover the cost of the graduate program. You will need to supply the following documentation:


There are many housing opportunities available to you and a great residence life staff ready to address your questions. Learn more about residences and amenities for graduate students.