On Thursday, June 25 at 3 p.m. Eastern, the Lasallian Association of Colleges and Universities (LACU) will host Responding to Racism: A Lasallian Dialogue.
The event is in collaboration with the Office for Lasallian Education at Christian Brothers Conference, District of Eastern North America, Midwest District, and District of San Francisco New Orleans.
Learn more and register.
The virtual panel discussion is an initiative of the six Lasallian colleges and universities throughout the Lasallian Region of North America (RELAN) and is a continuation of the work of the annual Lasallian Higher Education Colloquy on Racial Justice, which started in 2017 and has published the first ever Mission Mandated Lasallian Vision for Racial Justice. In light of the national and international dialogue taking place now on the sin of racism following the killing of George Floyd, LACU invites members of the global Lasallian educational network and all people of good will to participate in this discussion as together we work for racial justice and equity, reflecting the deepest concerns of the more than 300 year old Lasallian heritage and educational mission.
Panelists and facilitators for Responding to Racism: A Lasallian Dialogue:
- Hayden Greene, M.A. (panelist), is the founding director of Multicultural Affairs and the coordinator for the Multicultural Center at Manhattan College.
- Kristi J. Kelly, Ed.D. (panelist), is the chief diversity officer and director of Multicultural Student Services at Lewis University.
- Maureen O’Connell, Ph.D. (panelist), is an associate professor of Christian Ethics, Department of Religion and Theology at La Salle University.
- Luisa Marcela Ossa, Ph.D. (panelist), is an associate professor of Spanish and area chair of the Undergraduate Spanish Program at La Salle University.
- Brother Ernest Miller, FSC, D.Min. (moderator), serves as vice president for mission at La Salle University.
- Frances Sweeney, Ph.D. (moderator), serves as a professor of Spanish and vice president for mission at Saint Mary’s College of California.
The event is sponsored by Manhattan College, Saint Mary’s College of Minnesota, Saint Mary’s College of California, Christian Brothers University, La Salle University, Lewis University, the Office for Lasallian Education at Christian Brothers Conference, District of Eastern North America, Midwest District, and District of San Francisco New Orleans.