Department : English
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7847
Office : MGL 404
PHD, University of Maryland: Colleg
MA, McGill University
MED, George Washington University
BA, McGill University
British women's pastoral poetry of the 17th and 18th century; feminist theory. My major project centers on the poetry of three women writers, Aphra Behn, Anne Finch, and Elizabeth Singer Rowe and their contributions to the pastoral.
Publications & Professional Activities
- "Birthing the Poet: Elizabeth Singer Rowe and 'The Athenian Mercury.' 1650-1850: Ideas, Aesthetics, and Inquirires in the Early Modern Era. Forthcoming
- "Reading Desire in the Pastorals of Elizabeth Singer Rowe." Women's Writing. Forthcoming.
- "Philomela's Pastorals: Reading Elizabeth Rowe." Northern Plains Conference Proceedings on Early British Literature. Ed. Stephen Hamrick (2007): 143-59.
- "Ladies of the Shade: The Pastoral Poetry of Aphra Behr and Elizabeth Singer Rowe." Eds. Pilar Cuaer-Dominguez, Zenon Luis-Martinez, and Juan A.Prieto-Pablos.Heulva: Universidad de Heulva, (2006): 43-63
- "Aphra Behn: Pastoral Poet." Women's Writing. Vol.12.1. Cambridge UP (2005): 43-58.
- "From Pastoral to 'Pastorelle': A New Context for Reading Aphra Behn, Aphra Behn: Identity, Alterity, Ambiguity." Eds. Mary Ann O'Donnell, Bernard Dhuicq, and Guyonne Leduc. Paris: L'Harmattan Press, (2000): 91-99.
Manhattan College Research Summer Grant, 2012
ENGL 211 Written Communication
ENGL 248 Masterworks in British Literature
ENGL 309 Beowulf to 1674
ENGL 260 Comedy and Tragedy
ENGL 292 Topic in the Study of Literature
ENGL 323 Studies in Eighteenth-Century British Literature
ENGL 365 Children's Literature
LLRN 102 Classical Origins: West Culture