Department : Philosophy
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-3869
Office : DLS 436
PHD, Fordham University
MA, Fordham University
MA, University College, Dublin
MPHIL, Trinity College - Dublin
BA, University College, Dublin
- Kant, especially Kant’s practical philosophy; moral philosophy; epistemology; aesthetics; the history of philosophy.
- American Philosophical Association
- North American Kant Society
Publications & Professional Activities
- "Can We Wrong a Work of Art?" Evental Aesthetics, Vol 4 (2), 2015.
- "Kantian Moral Retributivism: Suffering, Punishment, and the Highest Good," Southern Journal of Philosophy, Vol 52 (4), December 2014.
- “Happiness Proportioned to Virtue: Kant and the Highest Good,” Kantian Review, Vol 17 (2), July 2012.
- “Motivation, Futility & the Highest Good in Kant’s Practical Philosophy,” Rethinking Kant: Current Trends in North American Kantian Scholarship, (Cambridge Scholars Press, 2009).
- “Secularization and the Experience of Futility,” Rethinking Secularization: Philosophy and the Prophecy of a Secular Age. (Cambridge Scholars Press, 2008).
- "Suffering, Retribution, and the Highest Good in Kant's Moral Philosophy." Long Island Philosophical Society, 2012.
- “Futility Judgements.” Long Island Philosophical Society, 2011.
- “Kant and the End of Faith.” The Philosophical Red Star Line, Fordham University, 2007.
- “Motivation, Futility & the Highest Good in Kant’s Practical Philosophy.”North American Kant Society Eastern Study Group, 2007.
- “Added Incentives.”The Northern New England Philosophical Association, 2005.
Co-Coach, Manhattan College Debate Team, 2008 - 2011
- PHIL 321 Kant
- PHIL 216 Modern Philosophy
- PHIL 214 Critical Thinking
- PHIL 399 Environmental Ethics
- PHIL 399 Philosophy of Art
- PHIL 150 Roots: Philosophy
- PHIL 201 Ethics
- PHIL 213 Introduction to Logic