Amir Masoumi, PHD
Amir Masoumi, PHD
Department : Management / Marketing
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7460
Office : DLS 504
PHD, U. of Massachusetts Amherst
MS, Azad University of Tehran
BS, Isfahan University of Tech.
I am an Assistant Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management in the Management & Marketing Department of Manhattan College. My general research interests include: Supply Chain Networks, Perishable Products Supply Chains, Healthcare Supply Chains, Blood Banking Systems, Pharmaceutical Supply Chains, Disaster Relief Systems, and Network Optimization.
Publications & Professional Activities
- A supply chain generalized network oligopoly model for pharmaceuticals under brand differentiation and perishability, A. H. Masoumi, M. Yu, and A. Nagurney (2012), Transportation Research E 48(4), pp 762-780.
- Supply chain network operations management of a blood banking system with cost and risk minimization, A. Nagurney, A. H. Masoumi, and M. Yu (2012), Computational Management Science 9(2), pp 205-231.
- Supply chain network design of a sustainable blood banking system, A. Nagurney, and A. H. Masoumi (2012) in Sustainable Supply Chains: Models, Methods and Public Policy Implications, T. Boone, V. Jayaraman, and R. Ganeshan, Editors, International Series in Operations Research & Management Science 174, pp 49-70, Springer, London, England.
- Networks Against Time: Supply Chain Analytics for Perishable Products, A. Nagurney, M. Yu, A.H. Masoumi, and L.S. Nagurney (2013) SpringerBriefs in Optimization, Springer, New York.
- An integrated disaster relief supply chain network model with time targets and demand uncertainty, A. Nagurney, A. H. Masoumi, and M. Yu (2015) in Regional Science Matters: Studies Dedicated to Walter Isard, P. Nijkamp, A. Rose, and K. Kourtit, Editors, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, pp 287-318.
Honors & Awards
- Judith Liebman Award from the Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS), received at the INFORMS Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 7, 2013.
- Nominated for the 2011-2012 Distinguished Teaching Award (DTA); the highest and the only student-driven recognition of teaching at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- INFORMS, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences.
- POMS, Production and Operations Management Society.
- MGMT 307 Operations and Quality Management
- MBAC 612 Supply Chain Analysis
- MGMT 475 Assimilating the Internship Experience in Management (Advised)
- MBAE 602 Research (Advised)