Department : Kinesiology
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7495
Office : ALM 209
PHD, University of Pittsburgh
MS, Slippery Rock U PA
BS, Manhattan College
Undergraduate and graduate preparation in the physiology and biomechanics of human movement. Professional interests include all areas of human performance, with particular emphasis on strength and conditioning and clinical exercise science.
Research in the areas fitness modalities, perceived exertion and anthropometrics/body composition assessment.
Fifteen years in higher education, combined with extensive experience in the fitness and rehabilitation industries.
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Clinical Exercise Physiology Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Phi Epsilon Kappa National Honor Fraternity
Publications & Professional Activities
- Friedenberg, J., Keating, T. & Liby, B. (2012).Judging the Center of Human Figures: Evidence for Dynamic Perception. International Journal of Brain and Cognitive Sciences. 1(4): 30-38.
- Downing, J. H. & Keating, T. M. (2007). A comparison of selected body composition protocols: Skinfold versus bioelectrical impedance. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 78, (Suppl. 1), A26.
- Findley B., Brown L., Whitehurst M., Keating T., Murray D., Gardner L. (2006). The Influence of Body Position on Load Range during Isokinetic Knee Extension/Flexion. Journal of Sports Science & Medicine. 5(3): 400-406, 2006.
- Cleary, T. Zimmerman, B. & Keating, T. (2006). Teaching physical education students to self-regulate during basketball free throw practice. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. 72, 452-63.
- Downing, J., Keating, T. & Bennett, J.C. (2005). Effective reinforcement techniques in elementary physical education: the key to behavior management. The Physical Educator. 62, 114-122.
- Keating, T., Lightbody, J. & Adams, D. (2005). Comparison of self-selected versus investigator-assigned mantras on the physiologic responses to breathing meditation. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 76, 40-41.
- Ladda, S., Keating, T., Adams, D. & Toscano, L. (2004). Including Technology in Instructional Programs.Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, 75, 12-13.
- Keating, T. & Kendler, B.S. (2004). Evaluation of a possible proximity effect of aspartame and vitamin C on muscular strength. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 98, 100-102.
- Kendler, B. S. & Keating, T. M. (2003). Re-evaluation of a possible proximity effect
- on muscular strength. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 97, 371-374.
- Keating, T. & Toscano, L. (2003). Is the valsalva maneuver a proper breathingtechnique? Strength and Conditioning Journal, 25, 52-53.
- Keating, T., Goss, F., Robertson, R., Downing, J., & Metz, K.(2003). Effects of mode-specific warm-up on self-efficacy and perceived exertion during steady-state cycling. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 35, 394.
- Keating, T., Pechar, G., Arnhold, R. & Hughes, C. (2003). Ratings of perceived exertion in downhill versus level running. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 74, 7.
- Downing, J. & Keating, T. (2003). Cardiovascular and perceptual responses to graded exercise in persons with developmental disabilities. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 74, 76.
- Keating, T., Goss, F., Robertson, R., Downing, J., & Metz, K. (2002). Effects of mode-specific warm-up on subsequent mechanical efficiency. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 73(1), 9.
- Keating, T., Ladda, S., & Carroza, L. (2002). Comparison of maximal metabolic and cardiovascular responses between the treadmill and NordicTrack ellipse. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 73(1), 9.
- Keating, T., & Downing, J. (2001). Validation of the children's OMNI scale of perceived exertion in adults and adolescents with developmental disabilities. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 72, 101-102.
- American College of Sports Medicine Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Recertified with Distinction
- BIOL 306 Physiology of Exercise
- BIOL 443 Basic Electrocardiography
- PHED 231 Anaerobic Conditioning
- PHED 350 Independent Study
- PHED 414 Measurement and Evaluation in Human Performance
- PHED 418 Biomechanics of Human Movement
- PHED 419 Advanced Exercise Prescription
- PHED 430 Stress Management