Vehicle Parking and Garage Safety
Emergency Blue-Light Phones
For your safety and to provide an immediate means of communications with Public Safety personnel, blue light phones are located on each level of the parking garage. (See details below.)
Hide Evidence of Valuables
Remove your GPS devices from dashboard or windshields (clean suction cup mark from windshield, this is a sure giveaway a GPS is hidden in the vehicle). Make every effort to remove all valuables from your car. Secure any valuable item left in your car out of sight; place in automobile trunk and out of view.
Additionally, the National Automobile Theft Bureau (NATB) recommends the following precautions:
- Park in a well-lit area.
- Close all windows and lock all doors.
- Activate any theft deterrent device you may have.
- Put packages or valuable out of sight; electronic devices/chargers and other expensive items in full view invite theft.
- If you park in a commercial lot or garage, leave only the ignition key with the attendant.
- Do not program GPS unit to exact home address. If car is stolen, this may indicate that home is unoccupied.
- Do not keep license, registration or title in car. If left in car, thieves can use these documents to sell your car if stolen, or to impersonate you when they are challenged by police. Owners who indiscriminately leave keys, registrations and other identifiable material in their vehicles may return to their residence only to find that they are the victims of a burglary.