Physics Staff Technician
Manhattan College, seeks to fill a position of Physics Staff Technician.
• Maintain all Physics Department laboratories.
• Procure, maintain, repair and/or replace all equipment and materials for the above laboratories.
• Supervise the laboratory set-up and break-down for 100-level Physics laboratories and 200-level Science courses. Conduct set-up and break-up if student assistants are not available.
• Teach 100-level Physics laboratories as needed (up to a reasonable limit).
• Develop new laboratory experiments, and revise current laboratory experiments, for 100-level Physics courses. Maintain, revise, update, and improve the 100-level Physics laboratory manuals (with assistance from the Physics faculty).
• Assist with the development of upper level Physics department laboratories.
• Develop and maintain demonstrations for all Physics department courses.
• Maintain laboratory computers and printers (with IT support).
• Maintain Physics Department radioactive materials. Maintain all records and hold all responsibility for the proper management of these materials.
A Bachelor’s degree in Physics is required, but a Master’s degree in Physics or a related field would be preferred.
Please submit a Résumé, a statement of professional experience and future expectations, and a list of at least three people that are willing to serve as professional references. We will begin reviewing applications upon receipt and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V