Manhattan College is seeking an experienced instructional designer to work closely with faculty to integrate best practices of instructional technology and instructional design.
- Provide support of faculty in all aspects of the formal course design and development process including conducting workshops, providing timely feedback and suggestions, conveying course development standards and using learning management system and other technologies to implement course activities
- Collaborate with faculty to identify opportunities for and support the implementation of new and existing technologies to enhance learning and the student experience
- Promote the mission of the college as it relates to daily activities, especially the distinctive hallmarks of the Lasallian heritage (excellence in teaching, respect for human dignity, reflection on its faith and its relation to reason, and emphasis on ethical conduct, and commitment to social justice)
- The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology or related field. Other important qualifications include:
- Online and/or traditional teaching experience as well as experience developing and delivering technical training sessions and workshops
- In depth knowledge of pedagogy, learning theory, course facilitation and assessment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, exhibiting the ability to work with accuracy and reliability, manage details, handle multiple projects, set priorities, and to anticipate and address potential problems
- A strong and proven commitment to customer service
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of course management systems and e-learning applications. Working knowledge of Moodle will be a significant advantage
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills with a track record of effective and logical writing of presentations, summaries, technical documentation, and technical support related explanations and responses for a variety of audiences.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The position is available immediately.
Please email a cover letter, resume, a list of three job related references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
Manhattan College welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups and those attracted to a college with a Catholic identity. An AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V.