Hours: Full-time/days & evenings with significant evening work
- Oversee daily residence hall operations
- Supervise, motivate, train, and support Resident Assistant and part-time Resident Director Staff in assigned area (direct supervision of four part-time Resident Directors and indirect supervision of 17 Resident Assistants)
- Supervise/implement appropriate procedures during emergency/crisis situations in residence halls, in conjunction with supervisor, Physical Plant, Public Safety, Health Services, Counseling, and off-campus agencies (local authorities, medical facilities/personnel, etc.) as required
- Participate in 24-hour on-call rotation
- Assist, guide, and support resident students
- Work with Director and department to ensure consistency in function of residential program
- Lead disciplinary process in assigned area, including assessment and referral of all incidents and conducting formal administrative hearings when necessary
- Interpret and enforce a wide variety of College and residence life policies governing student behavior
- Supervise, oversee, coordinate, or carry out a variety of tasks related to physical maintenance of assigned housing facilities; monitor physical status of buildings regularly and report any needed maintenance work/repairs to Physical Plant or other appropriate personnel and/or departments; assist with assessment, prorating, and billing of damage costs to students; assist in planning and implementation of damage prevention programs
- In cooperation with RA staff, promote the development of community through passive and active programming, supporting the academic and developmental needs of a residential student population
- Respond in a timely manner to all referral requests
- Coordinate area-specific RA calendar, including but not limited to programming, duty schedules, departmental needs, and special assignments, etc.
- Make regular rounds of assigned facilities
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisor, Student Life staff, and other College personnel to plan, coordinate, and evaluate programs/activities/policies, exchange information, investigate and resolve problems, and refer students
- Attend all departmental meetings and other pertinent meetings
- Assist in recruitment, selection, and training of Resident Assistants and professional staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a live-in position. A one-bedroom apartment, full meal plan, and parking are provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree and professional experience required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in human development, oral and written communication, supervision, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps including Drive, Docs, Forms and Sheets are required.
- Previous experience in residence life and with Adirondack Solutions' housing and conduct software preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission. Manhattan College welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups and those attracted to a college with a Catholic identity. An AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V.