The De La Salle Windows

After a yearlong process of restoration, the De La Salle Windows were installed at Manhattan College in early 2016. The windows illustrate Manhattan’s Catholic heritage and highlight the Chapel’s already majestic beauty.

windowsFollowing their creation in the early 1900s, the De La Salle Windows were installed at the Christian Brothers’ Novitiate in Pocantico Hills, N.Y., from which they were moved in 1930 to the chapel of the Brothers’ Novitiate in Barrytown, N.Y. They were reacquired in 2015 after James Casey and John Hannaway, co-chairmen of the District Council of the District of Eastern North America (DENA) De La Salle Windows Campaign Committee, spent 14 years researching and reclaiming the windows for the Brothers' community.

The College celebrated the Feast of St. John Baptist de La Salle with the unveiling and dedication of the stained glass windows in Manhattan’s Chapel of De La Salle and His Brothers on April 7.

Manhattan College thanks those who gave so generously in support of this project. Because of your commitment, the College’s Lasallian legacy will live on for generations to come.

VIEW DONOR LIST