Department : Mathematics
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7380
Office : RLC 2FL
PHD, New York University
MS, New York University
BS, College of Mount St. Vincent
At the present, I am particularly interested in the use of technology in the mathematics classroom. The introduction of technology into the mathematics classroom has created an opportunity for creative teaching methods. I am particularly proud of my participation in the Conferences on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics. This annual conference has been cited by the Mathematical Association of Americas as being a particularly important annual event. It is at these conferences that ideas are shared and information about successes and failures are disseminated. Each year, I learn so much.
Our department participates in the Spuyten Duyvil Undergraduate Mathematics Conference each year. I am an active mentor for the students who present the results of mathematical research conducted during the semester. The day is a learning experience for all of us.
Member of the Mathematical Association of America
Publications & Professional Activities
- Farley, Rosemary. Using The Computer Algebra System Maple To Generate Research Questions For Pre-Service Teachers In A Capstone Course. PRIMUS, Special Issue on the Capstone Course. May 10, 2013, pp. 367-376.
- Farley, Rosemary & Tiffany, P. A Four Step Method for Creating Animations. Computers in Education Journal. Vol. 4 No. 3 July--September 2013, 59-62.
- Farley, Rosemary. Visualizing Linear Transformations Using the Condition Number of a Matrix. Computers in Education Journal. Vol. 1 No. 1 January-March 2010, 71-76.
- Student Projects to Visualize Iteration Patterns of Matrices with Complex Eigenvalues was presented at the Joint Meeting of the Mathematical Association of America and the American Mathematical Society, Baltimore, Maryland in January, 2014.
- A Pilot Program Using an e-book and Online Homework in the Calculus Sequence (with Patrice Tiffany) was presented at the International Conference of Technology in Collegiate Mathematics in April, 2013.
- Using MyMathLab in Calculus (with Patrice Tiffany) was presented at a Pearson professional development opportunity event in April, 2013.
- Creating Animations (with Patrice Tiffany) was presented at the International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics in March, 2012.
- A Capstone Course for Secondary Education Students was presented at the Joint Meeting of the Mathematical Association of America and the American Mathematical Society, Boston, Massachusetts in January, 2012.
- Linear Transformations and the Condition Number of Associated Matrices was presented at the Maple Conference Waterloo in July, 2006.
Honors & Awards
Lasallian Educator of the Year 2001-2002.
MATH 151 Modern Mathematics
MATH 153 Linear Math Analysis
MATH 154 Calculus for Business Decisions
MATH 185 Calculus I
MATH 186 Calculus II
MATH 187 Honors Calculus I
MATH 188 Honors Calculus II
MATH 230 Elementary Statistics
MATH 243 Foundations for Higher Mathematics
MATH 272 Linear Algebra I
MATH 285 Calculus III
MATH 286 Differential Equations
MATH 287 Honors Calculus III
MATH 331 Probability
MATH 385 Vector Calculus
MATH 422 Seminar for Mathematics Education
MATH 432 Statistical Inference
MATH 471 Linear Algebra II
MATH 490 Complex Analysis