Department : Mechanical Engineering
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7443
Office : RLC 207B
PHD, Columbia University
MPHIL, Columbia University
MS, SUNY Stony Brook
BS, University of Bradford
Dr. Pritchard's main interest is in the area of engineering education. Part of this interest is indicated by his authorship of undergraduate and technical textbooks. In recent years he has specialized in the use of computer software in teaching engineering analysis, in particular the use of Mathcad and Excel. All his professional efforts are currently in maintaining the contents of his textbooks.
- Design Engineer, Ford Motor Company, Livonia, Michigan. Design and development of automobile transmission components, 1977-1978.
- Engineer, British Rail, York, England. Training in methods of vehicle fabrication, equipment maintenance, etc., 1967-1971
- Principle Investigator in Manhattan College Project Contract #56.236. Evaluating fuel additive for private company.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Publications & Professional Activities
- Introduction to Fluid Mechanics, 9th Ed., Wiley, New York, 2015.
- Mathcad: A Tool for Engineering Problem Solving, 2nd Ed, McGraw Hill, New York, 2008.
- PC Applications and the Engineering Curriculum, Proceedings of the American Society of Engineering Education, Middle Atlantic Section, April 15, 2000.
- Invited main speaker: The Role of Mathcad in Mechanical Engineering, seminar at the University of Waterloo, Canada, December 8, 1998.
- Use of Mathcad as a Primary Interface for Teaching Engineering Mathematics,Proceedings of the American Society of Engineering Education, Middle Atlantic Section, November, 1994.
- Use of Mathcad to Compute Experimental Uncertainties, Computers in Education Journal, Vol. ii, No.2, 1992.
- Deformed Surface Curve Measurements Using Photogrammetric Techniques, (with Zella L. Kahn-Jetter and James A. Turso) Experimental Techniques, Vol. 16, No.1, 1992.
- Inviscid Flow at the Trailing Edge of an Airfoil, International Journal of Applied Engineering Education, Vol. 7, No. 5, 1991.
- Two-Phase Flows in Chemical Engineering, David Azbel, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1981.
Honors & Awards
- Pi Tau Sigma Mechanical Engineering Teacher of the year, Manhattan College 1988, 1995, 2007, 2013.
- ENGG 614 Engineering Mathematics
- ENGS 115 Introduction to Engineering
- ENGS 116 Introduction to Engineering Computation
- MECH 231 Solid Mechanics Laboratory
- MECH 302 Applied Thermodynamics
- MECH 318 Fluid Mechanics I
- MECH 319 Fluid Mechanics II