Department : Economics - Finance
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-3858
Office : DLS 406
PHD, Carleton University
MA, Carleton University
- U.S. and Canada Trade and Economic Relations
- New Institutional Economics and its Implications for Economic Development Policy
- Islamic Capital Markets
- Assitant Professor of Economics, 2009 - present
- Faculty Adviser, Manhattan College Economics and Finance Society
- Academic Adviser, New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) Manhattan College Student Chapter
- Faculty Adviser, Relay for Life of Manhattan College
- Alumna, Ronald Coase Institute
- International Society for New Institutional Economics
- American Economic Association
- New York Society of Security Analysts
Publications & Professional Activities
"Does Land Fragmentation Affect Land Productivity? Empirical Evidence from Bulgaria." Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies, 94-3 (September 2013): 273-302.
"Land Fragmentation in Bulgaria: Reconsidering its Measurement and Extent." Review of European Studies, Vol. 5, No. 1 (March 2013): 99-109.
Review of The Long Divergence: How Islamic Law Held Back the Middle East, by Timur Kuran, Princeton University Press. The Journal of Socio-Economics, Vol. 41, No. 5 (Oct. 2012): 691-692.
“The Evolution of Bulgarian Land Tenure Institutions: an Application of the Social Conflict Theory.” Proceedings of the International Society for New Institutional Economics, 13th Annual Conference, University of California at Berkley, Walter A. Haas School of Business, June 2009.
“Conceptualizing Institutions and Organizations: A Critical Approach.” (With K. Topyan). Journal of Business & Economics Research (JBER). January 2007, Vol. 5, No. 1: 1–10.
“Understanding Dependence Structures of Random Variables in Financial Modelling by Using Copulas.” (With K. Topyan). Global Business & Economics Anthology, December 2007.
“Use of Copulas for Risk Measurement: Dependence, Correlation and Nonnormality.” (With K. Topyan). Global Business & Economics Anthology. December 2006: 106–112.
“Accelerated Mortgage Process: An Analytical Evaluation.” (with K. Topyan). International Business & Economics Research Journal (IBER). August 2006, Vol. 5, No. 8: 15–26
Honors & Awards
- The Sprott Excellence in Teaching Assistance Award, Carleton University (2008)
- Institutional Analysis Fellowship, The Ronald Coase Institute (2007)
- Public Policy and Administration 50th Anniversary Graduate Scholarship, Carleton University (2006)
- ECON 203 Principles and Policies I: Microeconomics
- ECON 204 Principles and Policies II: Macroeconomics
- ECON 334 International Economics
- ECON 445 The Economics of Public Issues