Department : Accounting / Law/ CIS
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7464
Office : DLS 425
PHD, Polytechnic University
MS, Polytechnic University
MS, Istanbul Technical University
BS, Istanbul Technical University
Professor Ulema has collectively over 30 years of telecommunications experience as a researcher, professor, director, systems engineer, project manager and many more positions within the field. Professor Ulema holds two patents. Previously, he held management and technical positions in AT&T Bell Laboratories, Bellcore (now called Telcordia), Daewoo Telecom, and Hazeltine Corporations. He also has been an adjunct professor in the City College of New York and Stevens Institute of Technologies.
- IEEE Communications Society
- Association of Information Systems
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Alpha Iota Delta - International Honor Society for Information and Decision Sciences
Publications & Professional Activities
- M. Ulema,et.al., "Context-Aware Service Composition and Delivery in NGSONs over SDN," IEEE Communications Magazine, August 2014
- M. Ulema,et.al., "Next Generation Service Overlay Network," IEEE Communications Magazine, January 2012.
- R. Walp, M. Ulema, M. Michel, "Economic Engineering for Improving Access to the Worldwide Telecommunications Network," IEEE Communications Magazine, November 2009. pp. 180-185.
- C.B. Westphall, M. Brunner, J.M. Nogueira and M. Ulema, "Pervasive Management for Ubiquitous Networks and Services - Report on NOMS 2008," Journal of Network and Systems Management, Vol. 16, No. 3, September 2008.
- “Design and Implementation of a Network Management Course for Undergraduate Information Systems Students”, Information Systems Education Journal, Vol. 6, No. 5, February 2008, pp. 3-10.
- “An Analysis of Compliance with the IS2002 Curriculum”, (with K. Choi and M. Waldman), Information Systems Education Journal, Vol. 6, No 11, February 2008, pp. 1-9.
- “IP Multimedia Systems and Services”, with (H. Stuttgen and M. Toy), IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 45, Issue 7, July 2007, pp. CC-DD.
“IMS Infrastructure and Services”, (with H. Stuttgen and M. Toy), IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 45, Issue 3, March 2007, pp. AA-BB.
- “Management of Wireless Ad-hoc Networks and Wireless Sensor Networks”, (with J.M. Nogueira and B. Kozbe), Journal of Systems and Network Management, Vol. 14, No. 3, September 2006, pp. 327-333.
- “Utilizing Snyder’s “Fluency With Information Technology” In An Undergraduate Introduction to Information Systems Class”, (with M. Waldman,) Information Systems Education Journal, 4 (38), July 2006, pp. 3-8.
- “Special Issue on Advances in Consumer Communications and Networking”, (with G. Chan, M. Merabti, S. Moyer, M. Roccetti, and H. Yu ) Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 29, No. 3, June 2006, pp. 67-74.
- “A Comparative Analysis of Undergraduate Information Systems Curricula in Selected Business Schools,” Information Systems Education Journal, 3 (17), August 2005, pp. 3-10.
- “Management of Optical Networks and Services,” (with M. Brunner and H. Mouftah), IEEE Communications Magazine, January 2004.
- “Recent Advances in Service Overlay Networks,” (with B. Li, Y.T. Hou, K. Sohraby, and Z. Zhang), IFEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 21, No. XX, November 2003.
- “Management Solutions for the New communications World-A Report on NOMS 2002,” (with R. Stadler), Journal of Network and Systems Management. Vol. 10, No. 3, September 2002, pp. 405-407.
Other Intellectual Contributions:
- “Challenges in Managing Ubiquitous Wireless Networks,” Panel Presentation, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Beijing, China, May 23-28, 2008.
- “A Vision of Next Generation Services Network (NGSN)”, IEEE P1903 Study Group Meeting, Shanghai, China, September 2007.
- “Innovative Approaches to Improving Global Access to World-Wide Telecommunications Network”, (with R. Walp), Proceedings, IEEE Global Information Infrastructure Symposium, Marrakech, Morocco, July 2007.
- “Challenges in Managing Ubiquitous Wireless Networks”, IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, Princeton, NJ, March 2006.
- “A Framework for Personal Mobile Agents in Wireless, Pervasive Computing Environment”, (with B. Kozbe and M. Waldman), International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing, January 2006.
- “Entertainment Everywhere: System and Networking Issues in Emerging Network-Centric Entertainment Systems: Part II”, (with B. Kozbe and M. Roccetti),
- IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 43, no. 6, June 2005, pp. 73-74.
- “Entertainment Everywhere: System and Networking Issues in Emerging Network-Centric Entertainment Systems: Part 1”, ( with B. Kozbe and M. Roccetti),
- IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 43, No. 5, May 2005, pp. 67-68
- “Wireless Sensor Networks,” Tutorial, IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, Las Vegas, NV, January 2005.
- “Wireless Sensor Networks: Applications, Technology, and Management,” IEEE Tutorial Now (Online Tutorials),
- “The role of Network Management in Reviving Telecom Industry," Panel Presentation, IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium, Seoul, Korea, April 2004.
- “Wireless Sensor Networks,” Tutorial, IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium, Seoul, Korea, April 2004.
- Editor, Proceedings of the IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, Las Vegas, NV, January 2004. ISBN 0-7803-8145-9.
- “Management of Next Generation Wireless Networks and Services,” Invited Presentation, Federal University of Mines Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, September 2003.
- “Management of Next Generation Wireless Networks and Services,” Tutorial, IEEE Latin America Network Operations and Management Sympolsium (LANOMS), Iguassu Falls, Brazil, September 2003. http://www.inf.ufpr.br/lanoms/
- “Future of Wireless Networks (4G, Ad-Hoc, Sensor Networks): Opportunities and Challenges Ahead,” Panel Presentation, IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Antalya, Turkey, July 2003. http://www.comsoc.org/iscc/2003/
- “Using Personal Mobile Agents in Open Services Architecture Based Wireless Networks,” (with B. Kozbe), Proceedings, World Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics, Orlando, FL, July 2002, pp. 349-355
- Co-Editor with R. Stadler, Proceedings of IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), June 2002, ISBN 0-7803-7382-0.
- CIS 110 Introduction to Information Systems
- CIS 205 Introduction to Programming for Business Applications
- CIS 316 E-Commerce & Web Development
- CIS 326 Networks, Telecommunications and Global Communications
- CIS 426 Network Management