Department : Management / Marketing
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7437
Office : DLS 506
PHD, CUNY: The Graduate Center
MBA, CUNY Baruch College
BA, Tel Aviv University
My research interests combine my academic training in organizational behavior with my concern for successful strategic management outcomes for corporations. Many of my published articles focus on the impact that personality traits have on employee productivity and organizational performance. My interactive work with students in the classroom has enabled me to publish experiential exercises and case studies. I also enjoy writing about business ethics, managerial values, women in management, and organizational crises.
Publications & Professional Activities
- Sethi, SP, & Rovenpor, JL (2016). “The Role of NGOs in Ameliorating Sweatshop-Like Conditions in the Global Supply Chain: The Case of Fair Labor Association (FLA), and Social Accountability International (SAI),” Business and Society Review, 121 (1).
- Rovenpor, JL, & Klimovich, R (2014, Fall). “Coca-Cola Company’s Public Relations Nightmare,” Journal of Critical Incidents, 7, pp. 89-91.
- Michel, M, & Rovenpor, JL (2012, Summer). "New York Life Insurance Company: Adjusting the Investment Portfolio to Market Conditions," Case Research Journal, 32, (3), pp. 106-142.
- Garcia, D, Rovenpor JL & Osland, A (2008/2009, Fall/Winter). “Wal-Mart’s New Challenge: Reaching out to Socially Responsible Investors,” Business Case Journal, 16 (1), pp. 27-54.
- Rovenpor, JL, & Gilinsky, A (2007). “Respironics, Incorporated: Take a Deep Breath.” Case Research Journal, 27 (3&4), pp. 131-156.
- Predmore, CE, Rovenpor, JL, Manduley, A & Radin, T (2007, October). “Shopping in an Age of Terrorism: Consumers Weight the Risks Associated with Online Versus In-Store Purchases.” Journal of Global Competitiveness, 17(3): 170-180.
- Rovenpor, JL (Fall 2003). “The E-Commerce Shakeout: Why Did So Many Internet-Based Businesses Fail?” e-Service Journal, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 53-76.
- Kopelman, RE, Rovenpor, JL, & Guan, M, (2003). “The Study of Values: Construction of the Fourth Edition,” Journal of Vocational Behavior, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 203-220.
- Soyer, R, Rovenpor, JL & Kopelman, RE (1999). "Narcissism and Achievement Motivation as Related to Three Facets of the Sales Role: Attraction, Satisfaction, and Performance," The Journal of Business and Psychology, vol.14, no. 2, pp. 285-304.
- Rovenpor, JL & Kopelman, RE (1995, July - August). "Repeat Purchase Behavior as a Criterion of Teaching Effectiveness." Journal of Education for Business, 70 (6), pp. 321-326.
- Rovenpor, JL (1993). "The Relationship Between Four Personal Characteristics of Chief Executive Officers (CEOS) and Company Merger and Acquisition Activity." Journal of Business and Psychology, 8 (1), pp. 27-55.
- Kopelman, RE, Rovenpor, JL, Millsap, R (1992). "Rationale and Construct Validity Evidence for the Job Search Behavior Index: Because Intentions (and New Year's Resolutions) Often Come to Naught." Journal of Vocational Behavior, 40, 269-287.
- Kopelman, R.E, Rovenpor, JL, Cayer, M (1991). "Merit Pay and Organizational Performance: Is There an Effect on the Bottom Line?" National Productivity Review, 10, pp. 299-307.
Other Intellectual Contributions:
- Rovenpor, JL, Predmore, CE, & Greene, FD (2011). “Kurotel Medical Longevity Center and Spa: Setting a Global Standard of Excellence.” In Case Studies in Global Entrepreneurship, D Welsh and S Carraher (editors). Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Barbery, F, & Rovenpor, JL (2011). “UNAGRO: Nothing is Impossible!” In Case Studies in Global Entrepreneurship, D Welsh and S Carraher (editors). Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Rovenpor, JL (2011). “Zipcar Incorporated: Do We Really Need to Own Our Own Automobiles?” In Humanistic Management in Practice. Palgrave.
- Rovenpor, JL & Michel, M (2009). “JetBlue Airways: A Cadre of New Managers Takes Control.” In Crafting and Executing Strategy, 17th edition, A.Thompson, A Strickland and J Gamble (editors). McGraw-Hill, pp. C51-C76.
- Rovenpor, JL & Bauman, D (2009). "Organizational Change and Transformation in Fixed Income Security Trading." In the Handbook of Electronic Trading, J Rosen (editor). Capital Markets Media.
- Greene, FD, Predmore, CE, & Rovenpor, JL (2008). “'So, Doctor, Can You Fix This?' A Case Involving A Medical Spa." In Strategic Management for Health Care Organizations, 6th edition, L Swayne, WJ Duncan, PM Ginter (editors). Jossey-Bass (Wiley), pp. 717-741.
- Rovenpor, JL (2008). “Abercrombie & Fitch: An Upscale Sporting Goods Retailer Becomes a Leader in Trendy Apparel.” In Crafting and Executing Strategy, 16th edition, A.Thompson, A Strickland and J Gamble. McGraw-Hill, pp. C357-C372.
- Rovenpor, JL (2008). "Organizational Crisis Management in the Post 9-11 Business Epoch." In The Handbook of 21st Century Management, C. Wankel (editor). Sage.
- Rovenpor, JL (2005). “Andy Decker and the Ethics of Downloading Music from the Internet.” In Crafting and Executing Strategy, 14th edition, A Thompson, A Strickland and J Gamble (authors). McGraw-Hill, pp. C680-C694.
- Rovenpor, JL (2004). “Women in a Global Economy: Is Globalization Gender-Blind?” In The Virtuous Vice: Globalization, S Shojai and R Christopherson (editors). Praeger Publishers.
- Rovenpor, JL & Bauman, D (2000). "Organizational Change and Transformation in Fixed Income Security Trading Groups of Financial Service Companies." In the Handbook of Fixed Income Technology, Kevin Merz and Joseph Rosen (Editors). Summit Publishers.
Honors & Awards
- Best Conference Case -- Bronze award at the Annual NACRA conference, Orlando, Florida, October 10, 2015.
- Visiting Scholar, Weissman Center for International Business, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, 2014-2015.
- Best Paper Award at the 6th Development Leadership Capacity Conference, Lancaster University Management School, UK, July 8 – 10, 2014.
- Louis F Capalbo Professor of Business, Manhattan College, 2008-2013
- Best Paper Award at the Eastern Academy of Management Meeting, Philadelphia, May, 1986.
- MBAC 623 Designing and Operating Sustainable Businesses
- MGMT 201 Introduction to Management
- MGMT 308 Comparative and International Organizations
- MGMT 315 Human Behavior in the Organization
- MGMT 406 Strategic Management
- MGMT 430 Business, Government, and Society