Janet Rovenpor, PHD
Janet Rovenpor, PHD
Department : Management / Marketing
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7437
Office : DLS 506
PHD, CUNY: The Graduate Center
MBA, CUNY Baruch College
BA, Tel Aviv University
Publications & Professional Activities
- “Shopping in an Age of Terrorism: Consumers Weigh the Risks Associated with Online Versus In-Store Purchases,” (with A. Manduley, C. Predmore, and T. Radin), Journal of Global Competiveness, in press.
- “Explaining the E-Commerce Shakeout: Why Did So Many Internet-Based Businesses Fail?” e-Service Journal, 3.1, June 2004, pp. 53-76.
- “The Study of Values: Construction of the Fourth Edition,” (with R. Kopelman and M. Guan), Journal of Vocational Behavior, 2003, Vol. 62, No. 2, April 2003, pp. 203-220.
- ‘Further Assessment of the Construct Validity of Four Measures of Narcissism: Replication and Extension,” (with R. Soyer, R. Kopelman, L. Mullins, and P. Watson), Journal of Psychology, Vol. 135, No. 5, May 2001, pp. 245-258.
Other Intellectual Contributions:
- “Shopping Risk: International Perceptions,” (with A. Manduley and C. Predmore), Proceedings, SPSS Directions: 2005 Users Conference, Las Vegas, NV, November 2005. http://www.spss.com/spssdirections/index2htm
- “Case 37 Andy Decker and the Ethics of Downloading Music from the Internet,” in A. Thompson, A. Strickland, and J. Gamble, eds., Crafting and Executing Strategy, The Quest for Competitive Advantage: Concepts and Cases, 14th edition, New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2005, pp. C680-C694.
- “Women in a Globalized Economy: Is Globalization Gender-Blind?” in S. Shojai and R. Christopherson, eds.,The Virtous Vice: Globalization, Westport, CT: Greenwood, 2004, pp. 125-140.
- “The Apprentice—Selling Lemonade,” in C. Moore, Instructor’s Manual: Developing Management Skills by D. Whetten and K. Cameron, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson, 2005, pp. 74-82.
- “The Ethics of Downloading Music: A Student Centered Case,” North American Case Research Association, Tampa, FL, November 2003.
- “Occupational Injuries and Deaths: A Classroom Discussion of McWane Incorporated, Proceedings, Association on Employment Practices and Principles, San Diego, CA, October 2003, pp.23-28.
- “The e-Commerce Shakeout: an analysis of the Factors Contributing to the Survival and to the Failure of Internet Startups,” Hawaii Conference on Business, Honolulu, HI, June 2001.
- “Women in a Global Economy: Is Globalization Gender-Blind?” Eastern Economic Association, New York, NY, February 2001.
MBAC 623 Designing and Operating Sustainable Business
MGMT 201 Introduction to Management
MGMT 308 Comparative and International Organizations
MGMT 315 Human Behavior in the Organization
MGMT 406 Strategic Management
MGMT 430 Business, Government, and Society
MKTG 414 International Field Study Seminar