Department : Mechanical Engineering
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 718-862-7405
Office : RLC 207
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Strathclyde (UK)
Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from University of Southampton (UK)
Dynamic Systems, Biomechanics, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, and Design.
Dr. Walker works in the area of system dynamics. His work has involved developing hardware and software that allow flexible manufacturing systems to operate more efficiently. In particular, he has been associated with the design of software to automate the selection and installation of machining fixtures, and the design of a vision system to obtain depth information in a manufacturing environment. In addition, his work has included research in the area of nonlinear control of robotic systems.
At present his work is in the area of biomechanics. This includes working in conjunction with the Orthodontic School at Montefiore Hospital to study the mechanics of tooth movement. He is also working in conjunction with the Pediatric Unit at Beth Israel Hospital on a research project associated with brain trauma.
- Biomechanics of Orthodontics and Tooth Movement
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
Consulting: Data Technologies Inc., Consolidated Edison.
Publications & Professional Activities
- WALKER, G. (2014), “Statistical Product Control,” Fuel Fabrication Process Handbook, ANT International.
- Maestre, M.E., Nicolay, O.F., WALKER, G., Levi, M., and Cisneros, G.J. (2012), "Dental Varnish and their Impact on Enamel Demineralization and Bacterial Inhibition: an in vivo Model,” Orthodontic Practice, Vol. 4, No. 2.
- Ryan, R., WALKER, G., Freeman, K., and Cisneros, G. J. (1997), "The Effects of Ion Implantation upon the Rate of Tooth Movement: An in vitro Model," American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Vol.112, No. 1, pp. 64-68.
- Mosier, C.T., Yelle, J., and WALKER, G. (1997) "Survey of Similarity Metrics Applied to the Group Technology Cell Configuration Problem," Omega: International Journal of Management Science, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 65-79.
- Bassett, J. and WALKER, G. (1995), "A Split Image Vision Sensor,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, Vol. 117, No. 1, pp. 94-101.
- Tang, J. and WALKER, G. (1995), "The Variable Structure Control of A Pneumatic Actuator," ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 117, No.1, pp. 88-92.
- WALKER, G. (1991), "The Variable Structure Control of Non-simple Input Systems," International Journal of System Science, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 2361-2376.
- WALKER, G., Salem, N., Varghese, M., Fuchs, A., and Mukundan, R. (1991), “Instabilities in the feedback linearization of a double inverted pendulum,” IEEE International Conference on Systems Engineering, August.
- Sakal, R.L., Chow, J.G., and WALKER, G. (1991), "An Integrated System for the Machining of Sculptured Surfaces," Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computer-aided Production Engineering, August.
- Sakal, R.L., Chow, J.G., and WALKER, G. (1991), "A Semigenerative Computer-aided Fixture Design System using AutoCAD and a CAD Fixturing Database," Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computer-aided Production Engineering, August.
Honors & Awards
SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award Winner 1992
- Sigma Xi
U.S. Patent 6,247,234: Razor and Blade, Inventors James L. Hill and Graham Walker
- ENGS115: Introduction to Engineering
- ENGS201: Material Science
- ENGS206: Statics
- ENGS220: Dynamics
- ENGS230: Solid Mechanics
- MECH211: Graphical Communication
- MECH311: System Dynamics
- MECH312: Mechatronics
- MECH323: Machine Design
- MECH332: Finite Element Analysis
- MECH336: Manufacturing
- MECH401/402: Senior Design
- MECH405: Thermal/Fluids Laboratory
- MECH407: Advanced Strength of Materials
- MECH411: Vibration
- MECH446: Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- ENGS620: Applied Instrumentation
- ENGG652: Project Management
- ENGG654: Quality Engineering
- MECG605: Flight Mechanics
- MECG702: Gas Dynamics
- MECG723: Advanced Solid Mechanics