Gilder Lehrman Scholar Award
The Gilder Lehrman History Scholar Award recognizes outstanding graduating college seniors who have demonstrated academic and extracurricular excellence in American history or American studies as well as a commitment to public service and community involvement.
Fifteen winners will be selected from candidates across the country. Awardees will attend specially arranged meetings with leading American historians and VIP behind-the-scenes tours of archives. The recipients will be reimbursed for up to $600 for travel expenses to New York, and room and board will be provided during the award weekend.
- Spend a weekend in New York City from June 7 to June 10, 2013.
- Participate in a program of special presentations, including meetings with eminent scholars.
- Experience exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of historic archives.
- Receive the History Scholar Award at a celebratory dinner hosted by the Gilder Lehrman Institute in New York City.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
At the time of application students:
- Must be considered graduating seniors in an accredited college or university in the United States. (Must have already graduated or expect to graduate by the end of the spring semester).
- Must be a history or American studies major with an American history concentration.