- Frances Fox Piven, Lorraine Minnite and Margaret Groarke. Keeping Down the Black Vote: Race and the Demobilization of the American Voter. New York: New Press, 2009.
- “Still Hoping for Change: Immigration Policy Under Obama” in Grading the 44th President: A Report Card on Barack Obama's First Term as a Progressive Leader, forthcoming.
- “Organizing Against Targets Beyond the Neighborhood,” New Political Science, June 2004.
- “Organizing Against Overfinancing: The Northwest Bronx Coalition campaign against Freddie Mac” Bronx County Historical Society Journal (Fall 2002).
- “Keepin’ it Real: Community Organizing in the Bronx”, with Jordan Moss, in Ben Shepard and Ron Hayduk, eds. From ACT UP to the WTO: Urban Protest and Community Building in the Era of Globalization. New York: Verso Books, 2002.
- "Power, Agency and Structure: An Examination of Steven Lukes." New Political Science. Winter 1994.
- “Treme [popular culture review]” New Political Science, Volume 33, Issue 2, 2011
- “A Taste of Power: A review of Going Public by Michael Gecan” City Limits, January 2003.
- “[Book Review] Social Movements and American Political Institutions”, Mobilization Spring 2001.
- “America First Party” and “Constitution Party”, in The Encyclopedia of Third Parties in America, Immanuel Ness and James Ciment, eds. New York: M.E. Sharpe, 2000.
- “Race to the Bottom: A review of The Campaign: Rudy Giuliani, Ruth Messinger, Al Sharpton and the Race to be Mayor of New York City, by Evan J. Mandery,” City Limits, May 2000.
- With Lorraine Minnite, “Purging Voter Lists Under the National Voter Registration Act” Presented at the Midwest Political Science Association, April 2009.
- “A Preliminary Examination of Purging under the NVRA” Presented at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, August 30, 2008.
- “Vote Fraud: The Impact of Perceptions, Realities and Research on Voter Registration Reform.” Presented at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, September 2004.
- “Organizing Against Overfinancing” Presented at the annual meeting of the Peace and Justice Studies Association meeting, October 2003.
- "Using Community Power Against Targets Beyond the Neighborhood" Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, Philadelphia, PA, August 2003.
- “Vote Fraud: The Impact of Perceptions, Realities, and Research on Election Law Policymaking” presented at the American Political Science Association meeting, August 2002.
- “NVRA, Competitiveness and Turnout: Preliminary Analysis of the 2000 Election.” Presented at the annual meeting of the [regional] Midwest Political Science Association Meeting, April 26, 2002.
- “Setting the Stage for National Voter Registration Reform” presented at the Northeast Political Science Association meeting, November 1999.