Br. John came to Manhattan College in 1968 as an assistant professor of government and politics. He also served as assistant to the president, executive vice president, and director of planned giving. He was elected as a delegate to the 40th General Chapter of the Christian Brothers in 1976. His hobbies include golf, reading, crossword puzzles and classical music.
Career at Manhattan:
Assistant Professor of Government and Politics, 1968-1991
Assistant to the President, 1980-1982
Executive Vice President, 1982-1991
Director of Planned Giving, 1992-2003
Associate Professor Emeritus 2003
Before coming to Manhattan, Br. John taught at Ascension School (1956-59), Good Shepherd School (1959-61), Lincoln Hall (1961-66), and Cardinal Spellman High School (1966-68).