- Patterns of Destiny: Narrative Structures of Foundation and Doom in the Hebrew Bible, Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 2002.
- JPS Commentary on Judges. Philadelphia, PA: Jewish Publication Society (forthcoming)
- “The Mystic’s Experience of God: A Comparison of the Mystical Techniques and Experiences of a 13th Century Jewish Mystic and a 20th Century Indic Yogi,” in The Fifty-eighth Century: A Jewish Renewal Sourcebook, edited by Shohama Harris Wiener, 315-330, Northvale, NJ:Jason Aronson, 1996.
- “A Biblical Parallel to a Sumerian Temple Hymn? Ezekiel 40-48 and the Cylinders of Gudea.” Journal of the Ancient Near Eastern Society, 24 (1997):1-11.
- “The Doom of Paradise: Literary Patterns in Accounts of Paradise and Mortality in the Hebrew Bible and the Ancient Near East,” in A Feminist Companion to Genesis, vol.2, edited by Athalia Brenner, Sheffield:JSOT Press, 1998, 53-80.
- “Mystic Autobiography: A Case Study in Comparative Literary Analysis” Journal of Indo-Judaic Studies, vol.2, 1999, 27-52.
- “When Fathers Refuse to Eat: The Trope of Rejecting Food and Drink in Biblical Narrative.” Semeia 86 (1999), edited by Jan Willem van Henten and Athalya Brenner, 135-148.
- “Rivalry in Genesis: A New Reading,” Conservative Judaism, 53:4, Summer 2001, 19-34.
- “Some Results of a Structural Semiotic Analysis of the Story of Judah and Tamar, Journal for the Study of the Old Testament, 29.3 (2005) 289-318.
- “Echoes of Gideon’s Ephod: An Intertextual Reading,” Journal of the Ancient Near Eastern Society, Vol 30, 2006, 89-102.
- “Choreography of a Thwarted Rape,” in Bringing the Hidden to Light: The Process of Interpretation, Studies in Honor of Stephen Geller, Winona Lake, IN: JTS/Eisenbrauns, 2007, 249-269. Entries in The Torah, A Women’s Commentary, New York:The Women of Reform Judaism URJ Press, 2008
- “Parshat Toledot, Gen 25-28, Another View,” 150; “Parshat Yitro, Exod 18-20, Another View,” 421; and “Parshat Shemini, Levit 9-11, Another View,” 630.
- "In the Wake of the Goddesses: Theology, the Humanities, and the Education of Seminarians," in In the Wake of Tikva Frymer-Kensky, Georgias Precis Portfolios 4, Piscataway, NJ/Georgias Press, 2009, 31-42.
- Bringing the Hidden to Light: The Process of Interpretation, Studies in Honor of Stephen Geller, Winona Lake, IN: JTS/ Eisenbrauns, 2007, co-editor with Kathryn Kravitz
Encyclopedia Entries & Reviews:
- Entries in Encyclopedia of Women and World Religion, edited by Susannah Heschel and Serinity Young, NY: Macmillan Reference, 1999:“Eve,” vol.1, 319-20, “Ishtar & Anat,” vol.1, 486-7 “Marriage in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam,” vol.2, 624-27
- Entry in Jewish Women in America: An Historical Encyclopedia, edited by Paula Hyman and Deborah Dash Moore, NY:Routledge, 1997, vol. 2, pp.946-7:“Yocheved Judith Herschlag Muffs” [also included in the CD-ROM Jewish Women: A Comprehensive Historical Encyclopedia edited by Paula Hyman & Dalia Ofer]
- Review of Lesley Hazleton Jezebel, the Untold Story of the Bible’s Harlot Queen (NY: Doubleday, 2007), and Richard E. Rubenstein, Thus Saith the Lord: The Revolutionary Moral Vision of Isaiah and Jeremiah, (NY: Harcourt, 2006) in Journal of the Academy for Jewish Religion, Vol. 4, Spring 2008.
- Review of Lesley Hazleton Jezebel, the Untold Story of the Bible’s Harlot Queen (NY: Doubleday, 2007), in Lilith Magazine, Spring 2008.
- Review of Fiona C. Black, ed., The Recycled Bible: Autobiography, Culture, and the Space Between, Review of Biblical Literature [http://www.bookreviews.org] (2007). “In Memoriam: Tikva Simone Frymer-Kensky, 1943-2006,” Nashim, a Journal of Jewish Women’s Studies & Gender Issues No.13, Spring 5767/2007, 252-261.
- Review of Judy Klitsner, Subversive Sequels in the Bible: How Biblical Stories Mine and Undermine Each Other, (JPS, 2009) in Lilith Magazine, Spring 2010.
- Review of Lori Hope Lefkovitz, In Scripture: The First Stories of Jewish Sexual Identities (Rowman & Littlefield, 2010) in Lilith Magazine, Summer 2010.
- Entries in The Bible Through the Ages, Robert V. Huber, gen. ed. Pleasantville, NY: Reader’s Digest, 1996: The Origin of Writing, pp. 32-34, Ancient Near Eastern Archives, pp. 34-35, Descent and Rise of Joseph, pp. 36-38, Hammurabi, pp.47-48