Articles and Essays:
"Enda Walsh." A Critical Biographical Essay. British Dramatists XXII. Ed. Jay Parini. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson-Gale, 2015.
"The Auld Sod: Staging the Diaspora at the 1897 Irish Fair in New York City." eKeltoi: Interdisciplinary Journal of Irish Studies 1, Diaspora: 3 (2013): 93-124.
"Purchasing Power: Consumerism and the Function of America in the works of Marie Jones." The Theatre of Marie Jones: Telling Stories from the Ground Up. Eds Eugene McNulty and Tom Maguire. Dublin: Carysfort Press, 2015. 73-90.
“Nicky Silver.” A Critical Biographical Essay. American Writers Supplement XXIV. Ed. Jay Parini. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson-Gale, 2013.
“Marketing the North in John Byrne’s The Border Itself.” Irish Studies Review, 12: 2 (August 2004): 191-199.
“No Go/New Show: Staging Belfast in The Wedding Community Play and Convictions” Foilsiu: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Irish Studies 6:1 (Spring 2008): 57-78.
Rev. of Immersive Theatres, by Josephine Machon. Theatre Survey (forthcoming).
Rev. of Dissident Dramaturgies: Contemporary Irish Theatre, by Eamonn Jordan and Theatre & Ireland, by Lionel Pilkington. Theatre Survey 53.2 (2012): 347-350.
Rev. of The Provocation of the Senses in Contemporary Theatre, by Stephen Di Benedetto. Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism 26.2 (2012): 232-234.
Rev. of Performance and the City, Eds D.J. Hopkins, Shelley Orr, and Kim Solga. Theatre Journal 63.2 (2011): 285-286.
- World of Theatre: Tradition and Innovation (Instructor Manual) by Mira Felner and Claudia Orenstein. Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2005.
- Performance Review, The Playboy of the Western World, Abbey Theatre on tour, New York University Skirball Center, Theatre Journal, 57:2 (May 2005).
- Rev. of The Theatre of Marina Carr: Before Rules Was Made, Ed. Anna McMullan. Theatre Journal 56: 4 (Winter 2004).
- Rev. of The Girls in the Big Picture: New Voices in Ulster Theatre, by Imelda Foley. Foilsiu: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Irish Studies, 4:1 (Spring 2004).
- Rev. of Theatre of Conscience 1939-1953: A Study of Four Touring Community Theatres, New England Theatre Journal, 2004.
- Performance Rev. of Hughie, Trinity Repertory Theatre, Providence, Rhode Island, Eugene O’Neill Review, 26 (2004).