Management & Marketing
I worked for the Norfolk Southern Railroad and its predecessor, Norfolk Western Railway for 6 years before I started my career as a professor, first at Hofstra University and now at Manhattan College since 1989. I teach classes in marketing research, innovation management, entrepreneurship management, international marketing and many others. I am also the Director of Global Business in the School of Business at Manhattan College. I am also part of the group in the School of Business that puts students in touch with businesses that want to have a business analysis completed and receive a strategic business plan.
I am working on a Project that we hope will coordinate business consulting projects between and among Lasallian university and college campuses. We have begun a pilot project with Bethlehem University in an effort to increase our global outreach and diversity in teamwork.
I want to help our Jaspers see the possibilities in what they can do - I am someone who wants to help align, support, and transform the people I meet and teach to the things they want to do - open vistas.
- Ph.D., CUNY: The Graduate Center
- M.A., University of Maryland: College
- M.B.A., CUNY Baruch College
- B.A., University of Virginia
- COOP 402 Assimilating the Internship Experience (elective credit)
- MBAC 631 Innovation Management
- MBAE 603 Entrepreneurship
- MBAE 604 Business Plan Project A
- MBAE 604 Business Plan Project B
- MKTG 303 Marketing Research
- MKTG 307 Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 321 Contemporary Marketing Issues
- MKTG 403 Marketing Management
- MKTG 412 International Marketing
- MKTG 421 Contemporary Marketing Issues
- MKTG 470 Marketing Independent Study
My research concerns now are entrepreneurship, marketing and its relationship to addiction which includes looking at what can raise dopamine levels. I am interested in artisanal work, artistry, food and custom made. What do the words imply in terms of value and ethics? Innovation and Creativity captivate me. I believe that there is much to be discovered and developed.
Publications and Scholarly Activities
Refereed Journal Articles:
- Arora, P, Predmore, CE (2013) Social Media As A Strategic Tool: Going Beyond the Obvious, Tanya Bondarouk and Miguel R. Olivas-Lujan, eds. Advanced Series in Management, Social Media and Management. pp. 115 – 127.
- Predmore Rovenpor, JL, Predmore, CE, & Greene, FD (2011). “Kurotel Medical Longevity Center and Spa: Setting a Global Standard of Excellence.” In Case Studies in Global Entrepreneurship, D Welsh and S Carraher (editors). Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- 'Work conditions for women in present-day Turkey: An interview study' with Frederick D Greene, Ahmed Goma, Alfred R Manduley and Faraj Abdulahad International Journal of Management. It has been provisionally scheduled to appear in the first available issue of International Journal of Management, Dec 2009, vol. 26, no.3.
- “Ethical Idiosyncratic Credit- Don’t Waste that Rosy Evaluation: Balancing Beliefs and Value,” with Dr. Frederick D. Greene, Beatitudes Past Utterance: Balancing Life, Career, Values, Ethics, edited by Samuel Natale, Volume XII, pp 129-134. 2008
- The Conflict Between Being a Physician and a Retailer: Cross-Selling Medical Services in a “Medical Spa”, with Fred Greene, International Journal of Decision Ethics, Vol II:2, Spring 2006, published June 2007, pp.185-190.
- “Does the Company Lawyer have your Back?: A Brief Look at Need for Personal Private Liability Insurance,” Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 9:2, 147-151, June 2007.
- “Shopping in An Age of Terrorism: Consumers Weigh the Risks Associated with Online Versus In-Store Purchases,” with Janet Rovenpor, Alfred R. Manduley and Tara Radin, in the Journal of Competitiveness Review, Vol. 17, No. 3, October 2007, pp. 170-180.
- Summarized and reprinted in The CIP Report." in its December 2009 edition by George Mason’s Center for Infrastructure Protection.
- “New Challenges to Old Problems: Building E-Marketing” with Tara Radin and Martin Calkin in Business and Society Review, 112(1), 73-98, April 2007.
- “e-Teaching Theory and Concepts: Active Learning Using Discussion Boards and Macromedia’s Director” with Alfred R. Manduley, e-learning Digest, January 2004.
- “Management by Site Based Teams: A Statistical Approach,” (with S. Khelfaoui and A. Serio), Management Decision, Vol. 41, No. 10, 2003, pp. 1064-1075.
- “The Myth of the Salesperson: Intended and Unintended Consequences of Product-Specific Sales Incentives,” (with T. Radin), Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 36, No. 1, March 2002, pp. 79-92.
- Cited by William O. Bearden and Raymond W. LaForge, Marketing Principles and Perspectives, In Chapter 18, 2003.
- “Immersion as an Alternative in International Education” (with A. R. Manduley), The Journal of the Association of Marketing Educators, (Vol. 2, Issue 2), Winter 1999, pp. 144-149.
- “Finding Good Telemarketing Sales and Service People,” (with J. G. Bonnice), Journal of Professional Services Marketing, 14(1), 1996, pp. 157-165.
- “Using Multimedia to Incorporate Computer Technology into The Classroom,” (with J. G. Bonnice), Marketing Education Review, 5, (Fall), 1995, 81 – 82
- .“Differential Advantage: An Ethical Marketing Response to Dumping,” Ethics and Critical Thinking Quarterly, 33, (5, section 6) December 15, 1994, 1-11.
- “Sales Success as Predicted by a Process Measure of Adaptability,” (with J. G. Bonnice), The Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, XIV, (4, Fall), 1994, 55 – 66
Other Intellectual Contributions:
- Predmore, CE and Shah, G, “Conflict in the Classroom: Flipped Classrooms - Places for Change or Power Struggle” 16th Annual Meeting of National Business and Economics Society, Panama, March 2015.
- Arora, P and Predmore, CE "When the journey is the destination, its never over", 6th Developing Leadership Capacity Conference:The New Romantics of Leadership, Lancaster University, July 2014.
- Predmore, CE, MBAA 50th International Conference, One Fell Off the Roof, Chicago, March 2014
- Predmore, CE, Arora, P, Greene, FD & Smara, Y, Modeling a Busienss Environment to Further Explore a Classroom Decision Negotiation, Western Business and Management Conference, London, Octiber 2013
- Predmore, C E and Arora, P. Social Media to Everyone? Not a Good Idea, Proceedings of the 14th annual International conference National Business and Economics Society, Costa Rica, March 2013.
- Greene, FD and Predmore, CE (2012) Entrepreneurship or Small Business – A Matter of Innovation in the Proceedings of The Small Business Institute, Annual Meeting of the Small Business Institute in San Antonio, Tx. February.
- Using Social Networking to Market Globally, National Business and Economic Society, International Conference, March 2011 with Prof. Alfred R. Manduley
- The Use of Role Playing Games and Role Playing Environments to Instill Business Culture in New Employees, (with Ahmed Goma, Faraj Abdulahad and Alfred R. Manduley) in the Proceedings of the 16th Annual International Conference, Association on Employment Practices and Policies, October 2008, Chicago, IL.
- “Backdating of Stock Options: Do Corporate Ethics Matter to Consumers and Other Stakeholders?”, (with Ahmed Goma, Faraj Abdulahad, and Alfred R. Manduley) in the Proceedings of the 15th Annual International Conference, Association on Employment Practices and Policies, October 2007, Fort Lauderdale, FL. pp. 114-118.
- “Women and Work in Turkey: A Relational Stakeholder Analysis,” 12^th International Conference, in the Proceedings of the Eastern Academy of Management – International: Managing in a Global Economy XII, (with Frederick D. Greene, Ahmed Goma, Alfred R. Manduley and Faraj Abdulahad) June 2007, Amsterdam , NL, pp. 0522 – 0534.
- “What Happens If Your Processes Don’t Work – CRM and Sarbanes-Oxley Nightmares,” (with F. Abdulahad, A. Goma and A. Manduley, in the Proceedings of the 14th Annual International Conference, Association on Employment Practices and Policies, October 2006, New York, NY, p. 127.
- “The Conflict Between Being a Physician and a Retailer: Cross-Selling Medical Services in a Medical Spa,” (with Frederick D. Greene) 8^th International Conference on Social Values in Education and Business, (OXSVEB), Ethical Conflict and the “Sleep of Reason, June 2006.
- “Magique Medical Spa” Case (with Frederick D. Greene) contributed to workshop entitled “The Changing Entrepreneurial Landscape: A Case Colloquium” Presented at the USASBE/SBI Joint Conference, Tucson, AZ. Jan. 2006. (Proceedings p.49).
- “Shopping Risk: International Perceptions,” (with A. Manduley and J. Rovenpor) Proceedings, SPSS Directions: 2005 Users Conference, Las Vegas, NV, November 2005. Htt;://www.spss.com/spssdirections/index2.htm
- “Business Experience and Perception of Ethics in Business,” (with A. Manduley), Proceedings, International Conference Promoting Business Ethics, New York, NY, October 2005, p 100.
- “Management of Product Augmentation in the Legal Environment: Impact of Sarbanes-Oxley,” Proceedings, Association on Employment Practices and Principles, Baltimore, MD, October 2005, pp. 93-96
- “Non-Traditional Approach to Case Preparation: Using Modern Technology,” (with F. Greene), Proceedings, Small Business Institute-SBI, Eastern Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. September 2005.
- “Immediate Feedback and Active Learning: Active Learning and Use of Einstruction’s Classroom Performance System,” (with A. Manduley), Proceedings, The Learning Conference, Granada, Spain, July 2005.
- “Sarbanes – Oxley Impact on Trust: Leadership in Creating Virgue in Consumers Perceptions, GDP, and Trade Deficits,” (with F. Abdulahad, A. Goma, and C. Predmore), Proceedings, Association of Employment Practices and Policies, Fort Lauderdale, FL. October 2004, pp. 194-204.
- “e-Teaching Theory and Concepts: Active Learning Using Discussion Boards and Macromedia’s Director,” (with A. Manduley) e-learning Digest, www.etqm.net/elearn/digest accessed March, 2004.
- “Retailing in an Environment of Terrorism: Perception of Risk,” (with A. Manduley), Proceedings, American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, NV, February 2004, pp. 1809-1812.
- “Case 10: Dolphin Bookstore: Development of a Goods/Service Category,” in B. Berman and J. Evans, eds., Great Ideas in Teaching Retailing: A Case and Exercises Book, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, 2004, pp. 48-49.
- “Case 3: Bill Jones, DDS: Competing in an HMO Environment,” in B. Berman and J. Evans, eds., Great Ideas in Teaching Retailing: A Case and Exercises Book, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, 2004. Pp. 16-19.
- “Retailing in an Environment of Terrorism and Responsibility to Employees,” (with F. Abdulahad and A. Manduley), Proceedings, Association on Employment Practices and Principles, San Diego, CA, October 2003, pp. 164-167.
- “Ethics, Religiousness, and Prejudice,” (with F. Abdulahad, A. Goma, and A. Manduley), 10th Annual Business Ethics Conference, St. John’s University, New York, NY, October 2003.
- “Teaching Advertising Theory and Concepts: Active Learning with Virtual Television Advertising Using Macromedia’s Director,” (with A. Manduley), Proceedings, The Learning Conference, Institute of Education, University of London, London, England, July 2003.
- “Women Marketers of Non-Gender Products in the Middle East: A Comparative Study between Saudi-Arabia and the United Arab Emirates-An Update,” (with F. Abdulahad, S. Khelfaoui, A. Manduley and B. Miranda,) Eastern Academy of Management, Porto, Portugal, June 2003.
- “Retail Transition Area in Online Stores,” (with A. Manduley and M. Michel), Academy of Business Disciplines, Fort Myers, FL, November 2002.
- “Religiousness and Perception of Ethics in Other Religious Denominations,” (with F. Abdulahad, A. Goma, and A. Manduley), Proceedings, Association on Employment Practices and Principles, New York City, NY, October 2002, pp. 97-102.
- “Managing Store Personnel to Effectively Reduce the Wasted Resources,” (with A. Manduley and M. Michel), Proceedings, Association on Employment Practices and Principles, New York City, NY, October 2002, pp. 104-108.
- “E-Ethics Theory and Practice: Bridging the Gap,” (with T. Radin), International Conference Promoting Business Ethics, Sponsored by the Vincential Universities in the United States, Niagara Falls, NY, October 2002
- “Advertising and Information on Sensitive Conditions Enhanced on the Internet,” (with A. Manduley), Proceedings, Decision Sciences Institute, San Francisco, CA, November 2001, pp. 845-851.
- “Exploring Differences Between Graduate and Undergraduate Students and Perceptions on Online Education,” (with A. Manduley), Proceedings, Decision Sciences Institute, San Francisco, CA, November 2001, p. 1287.
- “Woman Marketers of Non-Gender Products in the Middle East: A Comparative Study betweek Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates,” (with A. Manduley and B. Miranda), Proceedings, Association on Employment Practices and Principles, San Francisco, CA, October 2001, pp. 312-216.
- “E-Lining on the Net: Ethical Dimensions of Web Marketing,” (with T. Radin), Proceedings, International Conference on Promoting Business Ethics, Chicago, IL, October 2001, p. 101.
- “Social Discretion and Advertising Rogaine to Women,” (with S. Hamilton, E. Hughes, G. Mazza, and K. Medina), Hawaii Conference on Business, Honolulu, HI, June 2001.
Professional Experience and Memberships
American Marketing Association
Beta Gamma Sigma
Pen and Sword Society