"Screening Subjects: Workshop Pedagogy, Media Ecologies, and (New) Student Subjectivities." Creative Writing in the Digital Age. Forthcoming, January 2014.
"Policies, Procedures, and Possibilities: A WPA Checks in with the Field." Status and Identity in First Year Composition. Forthcoming, December 2013.
“Electricity and Lust.” The Collagist 44 (15 March 2013). http://www.dzancbooks.org/the-
“Digitizing Craft: Creative Writing Studies and New Media.” College English 75 (2013): 379-97. Print.
“Frozen Music, Unthawed:” Ka-Knowledge, Creative Writing, and the Electromagnetic Imaginary.” Enculturation 7 (2010): http://enculturation.gmu.edu/frozen-music-unthawed
“The Mutilation of Voice in Kid A (Or My John Mayer Problem)” Radiohead and Philosophy. Chicago: Open Court Press, 2009.
Conference Papers and Presentations:
- "We Are Not Gatekeepers: Complicating Our Relationships with Student Texts," Conference on College Composition and Communication, St. Louis, MS, March 2012
- “Another Day of Good Vs Evil at the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co.: Reimagining Creative Writing, Composition Studies, and Service Learning,” Conference on College Composition and Communication, Louisville, KY, March 2010
- “Listening to Reason: Rhetoric and Creative Writing in Harmony,” Western States Rhetoric and Literacy Conference, Salt Lake City, UT, October 2009
- “Rhetoric, Rhythm Science, and the Electromagnetic Imaginary,” Thomas R Watson Conference in Rhetoric and Composition, Louisville, KY, October, 2008
- “Critical Thinking and the Teaching of Writing in English 110,” Manhattan College Faculty Development Meeting, Riverdale, NY, January 2009
- “Singing and Signing: Representation and the (F)act of Writing in Composition Studies,” Conference on College Composition and Communication, New Orleans, LA, April 2008
- “Networked Ethics as Sustainable Aesthetic Expression,” Western States Rhetorics and Literacy Conference, Tempe, AZ, October 2007 (co-written with Scot Barnett)
- “Theory and the (F)act of Writing: Representation and Hermeneutic Deciphering in Composition Studies,” Midwest Modern Language Association, Cleveland, OH, November 2007
- “Making a Scene: Spaces of Affect and the Erasure of Language in Sigur Ros,” Conference on College Composition and Communication, New York City, March 2007 (co-written with Scot Barnett)
- “‘To Essay Our Lives:’ Composition Studies and Creative Writing in the Wake of Posthuman Theory,” Madlit Conference, UW – Madison, March 2006
- “A Heart-Shaped History: Love and Discourse in Julian Barnes’ A History of the World in 10 ½ Chapters,” Conference on the Arts and Humanities, Honolulu, Hawaii, January 2005 (accepted, not attended)