Financial Services Advisory Council
2016 Spring Reception
The Financial Services Advisory Council (FSAC) cordially invites you attend the 14th annual spring reception featuring a presentation entitled "Cybersecurity and Privacy in Financial Services: The Rapidly Evolving Risk and Regulatory Environment". Panelists include Rick Borden, general counsel of Lexeprint, Inc.; Daniel B. Garrie, Esq., Partner at Zeichner Ellman Krause LLP; Head of Cyber security and Data Breach practice; Executive Managing Partner at Law & Forensics; Head of E-Discovery, Cyber security and Forensics consulting practice groups; and Bill Sweeney '78, Chief Technology Officer for BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Read speaker bios.
Monday, April 18, 2016
The New York Athletic Club
180 Central Park South, New York, NY
6 p.m. Refreshments | 7 p.m. Presentation | 8 - 9 p.m. Reception
$40 per person ($25 for graduates of 2005 - 2015). Reservations are limited, advance registration is required.
The mission of the Financial Services Advisory Council (FSAC) is to serve as an ongoing resource to Manhattan alumni in the financial community, to renew and strengthen relationships among alumni, the College and its students, and to raise the College’s profile in the financial services industry. The goals of the Council reinforce Manhattan’s founding Lasallian mission of providing opportunities to bright and deserving students, many of whom will be our future corporate leaders.
Last year's reception brought together more than 100 successful alumni in finance and related fields for an opportunity to network with their industry peers, get an update on the latest college developments, and hear about current trends that impact the financial industry.
As part of its fundraising outreach, the Council has adopted a goal of $1.5 million to support the Dr. James Suarez Endowed Chair in the school of business. The Council also seeks to provide alumni with access to prominent financial services corporate and public sector leaders, such as the honored panelists. In addition, the Council seeks to provide resources for students pursuing careers in finance and related fields in business and law through mentoring programs, expanded career recruitment, and access to alumni at all levels of the financial professions.
If you are interested in participating in future activities and events, please call the College’s alumni relations office at (718) 862-7432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Spring Reception
The Manhattan College Financial Services Advisory Council (FSAC) held its 13th annual spring reception on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at The University Club of New York (One West 54th St., New York, NY). The evening program, which brought together over 120 alumni and friends of varied backgrounds and generations, featured a presentation by Poonam Arora, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, entitled “Social Context Matters: Insights from Behavioral Decision Making.” View and download photos from the 2015 reception.
Kevin P. Brooks, '66
- 2015, University Club: Poonam Arora, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, Manhattan College
- 2014, University Club: Marybeth McCall '74, M.D., vice president and chief medical officer for Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- 2013, University Club: Thomas Curry '78, Comptroller of the Currency, United States Department of the Treasury
- 2012, Harvard Club: Robert J. Chersi, Fidelity Investments; Charles Geisst, Ph.D., Manhattan College; Peter M. Musumeci Jr. ’72, Metro Bank; Kenneth A. Rathgeber ’70, Fidelity Investments
- 2011, Yale Club: Stacey Guardino, Ernst & Young; James Bergin, Federal Reserve; John Oberdorf, LeClairRyan; John Thurlow, Credit Suisse; Don Vangel, Ernst & Young
- 2010, University Club: Robert H. Herz, Chairman, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- 2009, NY Yacht Club: James Suarez, Ph.D., Dean, Manhattan College
- 2008, Columbus Club: Jacob Frenkel, Ph.D., Vice Chair, AIG
- 2007, The Union League Club: Martin J. Sullivan, CEO, AIG
- 2006, The Union League Club: Donald F. Donahue, COO, Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- 2005, The Union League Club: Charles R. Geisst, Professor, Manhattan College
- 2004, The Union League Club: Charles Gargano, CEO, Empire State Development
- 2003, Sky Club: Robert Britz, President, New York Stock Exchange