Let's get acquainted!
Here at Manhattan, we have an exciting Orientation program that’s designed to acquaint you with the College and the entire Jasper community. We have a variety of fun activities and information sessions where you’ll meet key administrators, fellow students and current student leaders. You will participate in academic planning sessions, attend student life panels, and receive your first semester class schedule. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and network with the very people who will be part of your college experience for the next few years.
Please note this (Orientation) program is required for all new students. Orientation activities will be in person. International students are required to attend a supplementary orientation with International Student Advisor, which takes place at the start of the fall semester.
Summer Orientation Dates
Registration for Orientation is now open. We will also be sending out a letter to your Manhattan College email account reminding you to register.
- Session 1: June 7 - June 8
- Session 2: June 13 - June 14
- Session 3: June 20 - June 21
- Session 4: August 23 - August 24 (reserved for students who live far from the college)
Your Orientation Checklist
The following items on the Orientation checklist are great reminders of things you’ll need to complete on your journey to becoming a registered new student!
- Register for Orientation. Your official path to Manhattan College starts today! Orientation is your chance to connect with administrators, faculty members, and new students.
- Student ID’s. Our ID card allows you to access most buildings on campus, is used for the meal plan, and functions as a debit card at many dining options as well. All students take their ID card picture at Orientation over the summer. When you come back to campus for Opening Weekend, you will receive your new ID card at the New Student Convocation. For more questions regarding your ID, please contact the ID office at email@example.com.
- Math Placement Exam: All incoming students are asked to take this Math Placement Exam (TRAM) by Sunday, May 21st or as soon as possible if the student receives their Orientation letter after that date. The exam is necessary to make up your class schedules. For further questions, please contact the Assistant Dean for your School. Please contact the Specialized Resource Center at SRC@manhattan.edu for special accommodations in taking the TRAM exam.
Transfer Orientation 2023
Congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you to our Manhattan College community. Orientation Session 4: August 23rd - August 24th, will provide transfer students an overview of all aspects of being a Jasper. Our team will orchestrate a smooth, seamless transition while ensuring you take full advantage of the many resources available to students. You will get to know our dedicated Orientation Leaders, meet other incoming transfer students, interact with professors and meet with support staff and key administrators. Orientation will include the opportunity to meet with your academic advisor, finalize your class schedule, get your ID card, and speak with representatives from Financial Aid, Residence Life, Specialized Resource Center, Career Services, Counseling Services, Student Activities & Engagement, Student Accounts and more! We look forward to meeting you at Orientation Session 4!!
Welcome to New York City! We look forward to welcoming you to campus. There are several events to help you prepare for college life as a Jasper. Make sure to register for the following required sessions:
Hosted by the Office of Student Engagement with a special welcome session by the Office of Global Engagement
- International Student Orientation: August 30th
Hosted by the Director of International Student and Scholar Services. This session will include visa matters, employment on campus, applying for an SSN, and other important resources specific to international students. You will be notified via email of details of this session.
Got questions? These people have the answers! These Peer Leaders will be supporting you beginning at Orientation and throughout the First Year Experience. COMING SOON: Meet the 2023 Peer Leaders who will be on hand during your Orientation experience!For more information on Orientation