Apply early; don't wait until the last moment. Late applications are considered only on a space-available basis. The earlier you apply, the greater the chance you will be accepted. You may apply to more than one program; however, please note that each program might have different requirements. Be sure to comply with the requirements of the program you select.
Once you have decided upon the program(s) you wish to apply to, the following steps need to be completed in the order listed:
- Complete a Preliminary Form and submit it to the Study Abroad Office.
- Meet with the study abroad advisor to ensure that you meet the criteria to study abroad, pick up more information on specific programs and to finalize your program.
- Be sure to begin the passport and visa (if needed) application process as soon as you decide to study abroad. It is a lengthy process and takes weeks to obtain these documents. Study Abroad personnel will not purchase airline tickets without a copy of a valid passport. A passport is not valid if it expires within six months of the date of your departure from the United States.
- Complete the rest of the appropriate forms below when the Study Abroad Office tells you it is okay to do so. Please do not submit forms before time.
-Select the courses you wish to take through the program you’ve selected. Then finalize your course selections and get approval from your major/minor advisor and your academic advisor. Be sure to select at least two alternate courses.
- At the same time, discuss with your advisors your schedule for the semester when you return from studying abroad. You are responsible for registering while you are abroa
-Before leaving your study abroad program, be sure to fill out the request to have an official transcript mailed to the study abroad advisor at Manhattan College.
- To begin the process, please complete an online Preliminary Form and contact the Study Abroad Office as soon as possible to set up a meeting.
- After you have decided on a program and you have been approved by the Study Abroad office you will need to submit the following forms:
Students studying abroad for 5 weeks or less:
Online: Short-Term Consent Form
Handwritten: Form A (short-term)
Students studying abroad for a semester or longer:
Online: Long-Term Consent Form
Handwritten: Form A
Handwrtten: Form B
Online: Emergency Information
Please submit the handwritten forms by scanning and uploading them to your
Google Drive folder created by Study Abroad personnel. A hard copy may
also be required.