Specialized Resource Center
The Manhattan College Specialized Resource Center (SRC) serves all students with special needs including individuals with a temporary disability, such as those resulting from injury or surgery. The SRC is a resource for students, faculty and the college at large. Use of services is voluntary, strictly confidential and free of charge. The SRC strives to ensure educational opportunity for all students with special needs by providing access to full participation in all aspects of campus life.
There is no fee for SRC services, but students need to provide appropriate documentation.
Auxiliary aids and academic adjustments offered by the SRC include but are limited to the following:
- Priority seating
- Alternative testing environments
- Readers, note takers and scribes
- Access to adaptive technology: electronic spell checkers, word processors, tape recorders, calculators and print enlargers
- Liaison with faculty and other college departments
- Advocacy/self-advocacy information