pause world-wide-web instagram volume-medium linkedin flickr basketball devices home pencil person-money rss slider-left-arrow slider-right-arrow slider-left-arrow slider-right-arrow star video-transcript close hamburger minus plus account arrow certificate city globe graduation-cap graph handshake info info-2 map play search snapchat twitter facebook file-text-o youtube tumblr camera file-text

Admission, Visa Information and Application

Prospective undergraduate students who meet all admission requirements to Manhattan College except for English proficiency requirements will be considered for International Pathway Program admission. Students should follow the application process for the International Pathway Program below.

IPP Admission Requirements

To be eligible for admission into the Manhattan College IPP, students must meet the following requirements:

  • Complete the International Pathway Program application (scroll down for link)
  • High school transcripts translated into English.
  • Proof of English Proficiency. The IPP offers the Manhattan College English Proficiency Exam at no cost to applicants for placement into the Program. Applicants may also submit a valid TOEFL / IELTS / Duolingo exam result for placement into the IPP, but this is not required. 
  • No SAT/ACT required
IPP Application
For further information regarding International Pathway Program Admissions, please contact:

Jeff Vanderwerf, IELP Director
Miguel Hall 301B
4513 Manhattan College Parkway
Riverdale, New York 10471
Phone: 718-862-8212


Financial Document and the I-20

The I-20 is a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status for those who wish to study in the U.S. An admitted student takes the I-20 to the American embassy or consulate when he/she applies for a student visa. You are an international student requiring an I-20 if you: 

  • Are currently studying in the United States on a student visa (F-1) in high school, college, or an English language program;
  • Or intend to enter the United States with a student visa.

Financial Document Necessary for the I-20

U.S. government regulations require students who will hold an F-1 student visa to prove to the college that they will be financially supported while they are enrolled. For this purpose, you must submit the Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR), which is a notarized affidavit from your sponsor, and the following supporting documents:

  • An original letter/bank statement from your sponsor's financial institution stating the amount of funds available in the account(s) that will be used to sponsor you.
  • A copy of your passport identification page.
  • An official transcript from high school or previous college/university studies.

Please note:

  • The notarized affidavit of support and all supporting documents must be signed and dated no more than nine months before your projected enrollment at Manhattan College.
  • The affidavit is sent to you along with your acceptance materials.
  • Financial documents must be originals and can be emailed from the student/sponsor or mailed to Manhattan College. If faxed, the financial documents must come directly from the financial institution.
  • Documentation of financial resources must be on bank letterhead, with amounts denominated in U.S. dollars, and must include a stamp and/or signature from the bank.

Students currently attending school in the U.S. will need to submit copies of all previous I-20s and their completed I-20 transfer form.

Mail to:

Ms. Debbi Damico
Director, International Student and Scholar Services
Manhattan College
4513 Manhattan College Parkway
Riverdale, NY 10471

Student Visa Status: I-20 Certificate of Eligibility

When will the I-20 be mailed to students?
Students should apply to the IELP early in order to receive the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility. The I-20 is required for students to obtain F-1 non-immigrant student visas before leaving their countries. Manhattan College will only issue an I-20 when all documents are received.

Please note:
The I-20 Certificate of Eligibility, by U.S. law, is valid for one year from the date of issue. It does, however, stipulate a specific arrival date. Students who cannot enter the U.S. before the specified date should request an extension by contacting the Intensive English Language Institute. There is no extra charge if the original I-20 is still valid.

It is required by U.S. Immigration law that a student enrolls at the institution which issues the I-20 used by the student to enter the United States