Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP)
The Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP) is nationally recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as a programmatic accrediting organization with the following scope:
AAQEP accredits programs that prepare professional educators (including teachers, school leaders and administrators, and other education-related personnel) and that lead to recognized degrees at the bachelor’s, post-baccalaureate, or master’s level and/or to recognized post-degree professional certificates or endorsements, across the United States and its territories and dependencies. (2021)
Vision of AAQEP
AAQEP promotes excellent, effective, and innovative educator preparation that is committed to evidence-based improvement and enjoys a high degree of community engagement and public confidence.
AAQEP leverages credible evidence, technological advances, and innovations in quality assurance/accreditation to provide transparent, understandable reports on program quality and to foster innovation and improvement.
AAQEP promotes and recognizes quality educator preparation that strengthens the education profession’s ability to serve all students, schools, and communities, and to do so equitably. To accomplish its mission, AAQEP:
- Supports the professional development of those engaged in quality assurance, continuous improvement, and innovation in educator preparation
- Coordinates formative peer reviews in support of member institutions’ quality assurance, continuous improvement, and innovation
- Designs and implements accreditation processes, in cooperation with states and institutions, that respect the diversity and autonomy of institutions and providers
AAQEP works with its members to support excellent educator preparation that is engaged in meeting local needs.
New York State Education Department
All teacher preparation degree programs in the School of Education and Health are approved by the New York State Education Department (NYSED). The rigorous and respected NYSED is responsible for the supervision of all New York state colleges and universities, public schools and standardized testing, as well as the production and administration of state tests and Regents Examinations.
New York State Teacher Certification Exam Scores:
Manhattan College Students’ Results: 9-1-2012 to 8-31-2013
|001 Liberal Arts and Science
|002 Multi-Subject CST
|003 English CST
|004 Mathematics CST
|005 Social Studies CST
|024 Spanish BEA CST
|060 Students w Disabilities CST
|073 Health Education CST
|076 Physical Education CST
|090 ATSW – Elementary
|091 ATSW – Secondary
|TOTAL – all exam scores
- Possible scores on all exams are 0 to 300.
- Passing scores on all exams are 220 or higher.
- Exam scores given only for exams with more than five examinees.
- CST = Content Specialty Exam
- ATSW = Assessment of Teaching Skills - Written