Online Events Calendar Submission Guidelines
The calendar.manhattan.edu online calendar serves as the primary tool for promoting Manhattan College events. If you are organizing an event for the Manhattan College community, be sure to add it to the calendar.
Any Manhattan College student, faculty or staff member can submit events to the calendar, but you must sign into the calendar system using your Jaspernet ID. Submitted events are reviewed prior to publishing. Events that are not appropriate to be included on the calendar will be rejected.
The following are some general guidelines about what events should and should not be added to the calendar.
Should be included on the calendar:
- College events that are open to students, faculty, staff and/or alumni (e.g. lectures, seminars, presentations, performances, receptions, home-field athletic competitions, information sessions, organized trips off campus, training sessions, etc.)
- Academic affairs events (e.g. college-wide and school-wide faculty meetings, college-wide committee meetings, honor society events, etc.)
- Administrative/executive events (e.g. senate meetings, board of trustees meetings, college fundraising events, etc.)
- Deadlines for programs specifically related to Manhattan College (e.g. housing requests, applications to participate in College programs like LOVE, Branigan Scholar, orientation leader, etc.)
- Academic calendar dates (e.g. first day of classes, spring break, final exams, etc.)
- Student club events
Should NOT be included on the calendar:
- Events that are unrelated to Manhattan College and hosted off campus
- Events held on campus that are unrelated to Manhattan College (e.g. summer camps and conferences, community board meetings, etc.)
- Lasallian programs held off campus (e.g. Buttimer Institute, Collegium, etc.)
- Departmental faculty or staff meetings
- Deadlines for applying to fellowships, internships or other programs that are outside of Manhattan College
- Deadlines for applying for on-campus jobs, work-study or graduate assistant positions
- Faculty/staff availability (e.g. office hours, appointments)
- Hours of operation
- Tutoring sessions
- Recognition days/months (e.g. Financial Literacy Month, World Fair Trade Day, National Teacher Appreciation Week, etc.)
- Meetings or events related to student groups that are not officially recognized as clubs by Student Activities
Calendar submission helpful hints:
When entering your event information in the form at calendar.manhattan.edu, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Before you enter an event, make sure it is not already on the calendar.
- Do not use all capital letters for the event title or description.
- Acronyms should be spelled out on first reference; do not just use the initials (e.g. Beta Alpha Psi should be spelled out, not just BAP)
- Keep descriptions to a one-paragraph maximum. No more than five sentences.
- For events, provide specific start and end times and the location (if you do not have these confirmed when you submit your event, you must remember to go back and add them as soon as possible)
- If you upload a photo, it must be less than 1MB. Photos must also be in .JPG format.
- You can include a link to a PDF of the event flyer. See the tutorial videos for how to do this.
The Marketing & Communication department reserves the right to edit or modify event listings for space and clarity.