Employees and their eligible family members who are currently enrolled in the Christian Brothers Employee Benefit Trust medical plan have access to the Health Advocate program. In addition to you, your spouse and dependent children, your parents and parents-in-law will also be covered under this program. This program will help you handle healthcare and insurance-related issues by cutting through the red tape and barriers that so often create frustration and problems.
With Health Advocate, you will have your own Personal Health Advocate, typically a registered nurse, supported by medical directors and benefits and claims specialists. You will have the confidence in knowing that the entire Health Advocate team is working on your behalf to help you and represent your needs.
- Help finding the right doctors and hospitals
- Help obtaining services for your elderly parents and parents-in-law
- Help scheduling appointments, especially with hard-to-reach specialists
- Help when faced with serious illness or injury
- Help with insurance claims and billing issues
About Health Advocate
It should be noted that Health Advocate does not provide health insurance or medical coverage. Their program is not a substitute for your current health insurance plan. Rather, Health Advocate complements your basic health coverage by facilitating your interaction with healthcare providers and insurers.
- Using your new benefit: Your Health Advocate benefits will go into effect in the next few weeks.
- Informational materials and telephone number: Further communications and contact information will be sent out to employees.