Adjunct Unionization Effort
College’s Response to Adjunct Unionization Effort
Our Catholic Mission: Your Right to Know
This page is to provide information for faculty and staff to find out what is happening with the attempt by New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) to unionize adjunct faculty at the College. We want members of our community to have access to the facts about the union's activities and the proceeding before the U.S. National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). We also will provide the College's view on these matters.
We are confident that faculty and staff will want to engage in a substantive dialogue about these issues. The College wants to encourage this process by making sure accurate information is available and by fostering a civil and professional exchange.
Associations in Support of Manhattan College
Manhattan College is grateful for the support of several associations of church-related colleges and universities. The following associations have submitted amicus briefs in support of Manhattan College's appeal to the NLRB: the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities (ACCU), the Lasallian Association of College and University Presidents (LACUP), the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU), the General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). Together, these organizations represent more than 300 institutions of higher education.
The College is making these briefs available to the community as part of its ongoing efforts to foster informed and collegial dialogue about these important issues. Please check this page on a regular basis as we will add information as it becomes available.
- September 11, 2015 - Letter from President O'Donnell
- September 9, 2015 - Manhattan College Request for Review
- August 27, 2015 - Manhattan College Statement on NLRB Decision
- August 26, 2015 - Supplemental Decision and Order
- August 6, 2015 - Post-Hearing Brief
- August 6, 2015 - Petitioner Brief
- February 20, 2015 - Letter from President O'Donnell
- December 16, 2014 - Pacific Lutheran Decision
- November 14, 2011 - Manhattan College Reply to AFL-CIO
- September 23, 2011 - Amicus Brief AFL CIO
- April 20, 2011 – The General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists and ACSI
- April 25, 2011 – ACCU, LACUP and AJCU Amicus Brief
- March 2, 2011 – NLRB Changes Deadline for Adjunct Vote
- March 2, 2011 – Legal Brief in Support of the NLRB Review
- Feb. 25, 2011 – Important Announcement About Voting
- Feb. 17, 2011 – Notice of Election
- Feb. 14, 2011 – Letter from President O'Donnell
- Feb. 14, 2011 – What Will NYSUT Do For Manhattan College Adjuncts?
- Feb. 11, 2011 – What Do You Know About NYSUT?
- Feb. 9, 2011 – Questions About Adjunct Election on Unionization
- Feb. 8, 2011 – Letter from Deans
- Feb. 4, 2011 – Letter from the President and Provost
- Jan. 24, 2011 – Letter from the President
- Jan. 24, 2011 – Appeal to the National Labor Relations Board in Washington D.C.
- Jan. 13, 2011 – Letter from President O'Donnell
- Jan. 12, 2011 – Manhattan College Statement on NLRB Decision
- Jan. 10, 2011 – Region II, NLRB Decision
- Dec. 10, 2010 – College's Brief to Region II, NLRB
- Dec. 10, 2010 – NYSUT's Brief to Region II, NLRB
- Nov. 9, 2010 – Letter from President O'Donnell
- Nov. 5, 2010 – Letter from President O'Donnell
- Oct. 21, 2010 – Letter from President O'Donnell
- Oct. 20, 2010 – Letter from President O'Donnell