Self-Service Financial Aid Features
About Self-Service and Financial Aid
Financial Aid Administration and Student Accounts and Bursar Services offices utilize Self-Service to provide Manhattan College students with a secure system to manage their student accounts online.Begin by logging on to Self-Service > Financial Aid to:
- View current information about your financial aid
- Respond to your award letter offers
- Satisfy requests for missing information
- View your student employment eligibility
- Financial aid-related account holds
- Information about a student’s academic progress (impacts financial aid eligibility)
Respond to your Financial Aid Award Offers
Students who were offered federal, state, and/or institutional aid received a hard copy award letter with their acceptance letter. Students will then be instructed to review and respond to this award letter electronically.
Current students will not receive paper award letters after their first year enrolled at Manhattan. Instead, eligible students will receive a JasperNet e-mail notification in late May/early June, when the award letters are available for viewing. This system was implemented to support the campus’s ongoing effort to be green and reduce paper consumption and provide students and families with information in an accessible, expedient manner.
Requests for Documents and Additional Information
At times, our offices may need further documentation or action by a student. Notification is sent to a student's JasperNet e-mail address for additional information, but students may also log on to Self-Service to determine the needed items:
- Click on the Financial Aid sub-tab > Follow-up & Current Award Status.
- Requested items are indicated as needed. Satisfied items are also detailed.
Students who are selected for FAFSA verification are notified annually by the Financial Aid Administration office. As of 2011-2012, students will be notified via JasperNet. A hard copy letter is also mailed to the student's permanent address on file.
Detailed instructions are also available to selected students by logging on to Self-Service > Follow-up & Current Award Status.
Student Employment Instructions
Students seeking FWS or CE must meet all the general eligibility requirements for Title IV financial aid programs and continue to show demonstrated financial need. Read more about student employment.
In addition to the basic federal requirements, a student must:
1. File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by the annual deadline (April 1).
2. Confirm eligibility by processing an official ACCEPT or DECLINE of the FWS or CE offer on Self-Service. Students must:
- Click Financial Aid > accept the Terms and Conditions > then proceed to Accept Award Offers.
- Click Financial Aid > Work Study Menu > Confidentiality and Contract Agreement
3. Complete and submit the student employment application to the Financial Aid Administration office: