Self-Service Financial Aid Features
Our Financial Aid and Bursar offices utilize Self-Service to provide Manhattan College students with a secure system to manage their student accounts online.
Begin by logging on to Self-Service > Financial Aid to see:
- Current information about your financial aid
- Respond to your award letter offers
- Satisfy requests for missing information
- View your student employment eligibility
Section: Initial Award, Authorizations, & Action Items
- Review and accept the terms and conditions of financial aid awards
- Accept or decline offered financial aid
- View any award changes as they occur throughout the academic year
- Notice of FAFSA verification (if applicable)
- Submit outside scholarship/resource Information to SFS
- Special messages related to individual financial aid accounts
Respond to your Financial Aid Award Offers
Students who were offered federal, state, and/or institutional aid received a hard copy award letter with their acceptance letter. Now, students must review and respond to this award letter electronically.
Current students will not receive paper award letters after their first year enrolled at Manhattan. Instead, you will receive a JasperNet e-mail notification in late May/early June, when the award letters are available for viewing. This was implemented to support the campus’s ongoing effort to be green and reduce paper consumption and provide students and families with information in an accessible, expedient manner.
After logging in to Self-Service, follow these steps:
- Click on the Financial Aid sub-tab > Initial Award, Authorizations, & Action Items
- Click on the second Initial Award, Authorizations, & Action Items link.
- Select the applicable academic year option in the dropdown list.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Only after you accept the Terms and Conditions will you have access to Accept Award Offers. Review your offered awards, choosing whether you accept or decline each, then submit your decision. Most financial aid will not be applied toward a student’s account without this action being taken. Additionally, some award types will require further action.
- Select Outside Resources and inform us of any outside scholarships or grants you received if applicable. Please include the award name, amount, and frequency of payment so that we can note your student account.
Section: Follow-up & Current Award Status
- Up-to-date information of outstanding requirements and requested items
- Important financial aid messages
- Financial aid-related account holds
- Information about a student’s academic progress (impacts financial aid eligibility)
Requests for Missing Information
At times, our office may need further documentation or action by a student for financial aid and bursar-related purposes. Notification is sent to a student's JasperNet e-mail address for additional information, but students may also log on to Self-Service to determine the needed items:
- Click on the Financial Aid sub-tab > Follow-up & Current Award Status
- Requested items are indicated as needed. Satisfied items are also detailed.
Detailed instructions are available to selected students by logging on to Self-Service > Follow-up & Current Award Status
Students who are selected for FAFSA verification are notified annually by Student Financial Services. As of 2011-2012, students will be notified via JasperNet. A hard copy letter is also mailed to the student's permanent address on file.