Students who need more time to pay their tuition bill or whose employers offer a tuition remission benefit may apply for deferment consideration below. A non-applicable $100 fee payment is required. Final approval is determined by the Bursar's office.
Deferral and Promise to Pay
An approved deferment agreement is the student's personal obligation to meet and is considered to be a binding Payment Agreement. The student is then obligated to make payment in full for applicable semester by the extended deadline established therein.
Fall 2013 Applications
Form Submission Deadline: August 8, 2013, 4 pm EST
Please download and submit the relevant form below to apply for a tuition deadline extension. Only deferrals accompanied with the $100 fee payment can be processed.
Payment Deferral Application Employer Payment Deferral Application
Approved Deferral Features
- Prevents a student from being dropped or disenrolled from their courses. Note: Non-attendance does not constitute reversal of tuition/fees liability.
- Prevents the accrual of late fees until the extended tuition payment deadline
- Permits a resident student to move on to campus while carrying a balance
When this document is processed by Student Accounts and Bursar Services, the student incurs full liability for the amount shown on the deferral agreement or the total balance of the term account, whichever is greater. Failure to receive anticipated resources and financial aid funds do not excuse a student's financial obligation to make payment in full.
Failure to pay this account by the approved deferral due date will also result in:
- The imposition of additional fees and possible legal ramifications
- A hold on the student’s records, grades, transcripts and future registration at Manhattan College
- The College charges a 1% interest penalty per month, on any balance greater than thirty days