Late Fee Appeal Process
Manhattan College publishes a firm payment deadline with the first issued bill each term along with an offer for a payment deadline extension.
The College will consider an adjustment of late fee charges only in cases where the College has been responsible for a delay in normal processing:
- If you are receiving scholarships, loans, or other forms of payment from a third party and funds are not forwarded by our deadline, this is not a College responsibility.
- Families should consider our deferment option to prevent further late fees.
- Families may pay the bill in full (including the late fee), then seek reimbursement if the appeal is approved.
- Late fee appeals for families filing the FAFSA will only be reviewed if the College received your completed FAFSA by our published deadline of April 15; allowing ample time for the processing of institutional and federal aid.
- If you were selected for verification, you must also respond to all requests for documentation in a timely fashion.
Appeal Petition Process
Appeal petitions must be submitted within 30 days from the late fee assessment date on the account and only after your tuition/fee bill has been paid in full. Please do not submit a petition until the late charges have been applied to your student account.
How to Submit Your Documents
All documents can be sent to Student Accounts and Bursar Services in the following ways:
Student Accounts and Bursar Services
4513 Manhattan College Parkway
Riverdale, NY 10471