Break & Summer Housing Options

The residence halls are closed each year for Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Year and the Winter Intersession, Spring Break, Easter, and Summer Break. Please view our calendar for the exact dates and times of these closures. Housing is available to students for an additional fee while the residence halls are closed, including when students request to stay late or return early. More information on options for housing during these breaks can be found below. Feel free to call or by stop by our office for additional information. 

12-Month Apartments in Overlook Manor

Located two blocks off campus (at the corner of W. 238th St. and Waldo Ave.), Overlook Manor offers junior and senior students the chance to live for 12 months in convenient and affordable apartment-style living; a very convenient option for students looking to take full advantage of our New York City location with jobs or internships.

Your rent includes all utilities (gas, electric, heat), air conditioning, satellite TV, high-speed internet, a laundry room, a fitness room and 24-hour security. Underground parking is available. 

For more information on the 2014–15 rental period, please call the Residence Life office at 718-862-7438.

Summer Housing

Summer housing is available to continuing Manhattan College students who are taking summer courses through the College or continuing students who are registered for an internship through the Center for Career Development. Summer housing must be prepaid and students must have no financial holds. Rates may vary depending on if a student is taking a summer course or internship through Manhattan College. Meal plans are not offered over the summer.

To apply, fill out the online application below and submit all required documentation to Thomas Hall 514, with either proof of summer class enrollment or proof of internship (i.e. letter from career development and internship site with dates), and your receipt from Student Financial Services verifying payment for housing and/or class registration. 

You will need to submit your Jaspernet ID to access the following form.


Holiday/Break Housing

Residence halls close for winter break and spring break, as well as over the Thanksgiving and Easter holiday weekends. International students and other students who cannot travel home during breaks or holidays can apply to stay in their residence hall during the break. Written approval is required in advance. To apply for break housing, submit the form below.  This includes requests for extensions due to Sautrday finals.
You will need to submit your Jaspernet ID to access the following form.