The Manhattan College Public Safety department provides a safe and secure environment for the entire campus community. We are available to provide assistance and emergency response 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all students, faculty, staff, visitors and guests. To supplement our security presence we employ the use of closed-circuit cameras and an emergency blue-light communication system.
Public Safety is charged with the responsibility of enforcing all Manhattan College public safety regulations, including the operation of all campus parking facilities. There are 45 officers and supervisors who conduct foot and vehicle campus patrols. We immediately respond to and communicate all serious emergencies to our local municipal emergency responders including police, fire and emergency medical services.
Public Safety is available to assist you with the following issues:
- Lost & Found
- Emergency text messaging
- Early-warning email notices of local crimes and security threats
- Campus parking permits (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and enforcement
- Safety and security hazards, investigations and unusual incidents
- Health emergencies/first aid/CPR and AED response
- Fire safety and evacuation Clery Act Campus Crime and Fire Statistics