Drug and Alcohol Concerns
The Counseling Center is available to work with students regarding drug and alcohol concerns of any kind.
Some of our services include:
- Alcohol-Wise Program: Incoming freshmen are strongly encouraged to complete this.
- In 2012, all Arches students were targeted to participate in the Alcohol-Wise Program.
- In 2013, all incoming freshmen were targeted to participate in the Alcohol-Wise Program.
- By 2014, all incoming freshman will participate, and this will become a permanent part of freshman orientation.
- A designated Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselor
- Works 13.5 hours/week with students who have alcohol- and drug-related concerns.
- Participates in alcohol and drug education presentations in the residence halls every semester.
- Motivational Mondays: Drop-in group for students who are making decisions about alcohol and drug use/abuse.
Letters are sent to parents/guardians of incoming freshmen asking that they collaborate with Manhattan College in speaking to their sons and daughters about decisions regarding alcohol consumption while in college.
Drug and Alcohol Infractions
Students who are involved in drug/alcohol infractions are sent for a mandated assessment to the Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor. They are also required to complete the Alcohol-Wise screening at their own expense.