Become a Peer Career Advisor
Do you want to help your fellow students? Do you want to gain professional work experience? Do you want to be skilled in internship and job search? Apply to become a Peer Career Advisor (PCA) today!
As a PCA, you will be specially trained to assist students with career exploration, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and job search strategies. You will serve as an ambassador between the Center for Career Development and students, faculty, and administrators on campus and collaborate with resident assistants and student clubs to offer tailored workshops.
- Eligible for either federal work study or campus employment
- Available to work at least 6 hours per week, split time between walk-ins and office hours
- Current sophomores/juniors/seniors from five undergraduate schools
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Must attend two half day training workshops in April
- Preferred commitment of academic year 2014 - 2015
- Advise students in preparing resumes, cover letters and applications
- Assist students with locating resources on-line
- Participate in outreach and marketing activities to various student groups and faculty on campus
- Assist students with JasperLink registration & functions
- Provide technical assistance with professional development program (P3)
- Complte additional career-related projects as directed
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS March 28, 2014