Career Counseling Appointments
Center for Career Development (CCD) career counselors are certified to conduct formal career assessments (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and Strong Interest Inventory®) and can assist you on various career related questions including the following:
- Assess skills, personality type, interests and values
- Match their self-assessment and academic interests with career interests
- Research internships, job and graduate school opportunities
- Develop resumes, cover letters, personal statements, on-line profiles
- Prepare for interviews and negotiations
How to Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, first identify your assigned career counselor (see below), then call Carol McTiernan at 718-862-7421 to make an appointment with your counselor.
- Individual career counseling can be conducted via Skype, phone and in-person.
- Appointment times range from 30 to 45 minutes in length.
- Please send an electronic copy of your résumé, cover letter and personal statement before the meeting.
- You must give 24 hour advance notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
Career Counselors & Advisors
|School of Arts||Sharon D’Ameliaemail@example.com|
|School of Business (freshman)||Bernadette Blockerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Business (all others)||Aileen Farrellyemail@example.com|
|School of Education & Health||Sharon D’Ameliafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Engineering||Meghan Makarczukemail@example.com|
|School of Science||Meghan Makarczukfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Education & Health||Rachel Cirelliemail@example.com|
|School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS)||Bernadette Blockerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Graduate School & Fellowship Counseling
The Director of the Center for Graduate School and Fellowship Advisement, Rani Roy, serves undergraduate, graduate and alumni from all 6 schools for individual appointment to discuss research opportunities, scholarships, fellowships, and graduate school application process. Appointments are available via Skype, phone and in-person.