Online Tools & Resources
|Glassdoor.com: An online search tool for internships, temporary and full/part-time jobs. It also allows you to research company reviews, interview questions, and salary information.|
|What Can I Do With This Major: This tool has 80 college majors and corresponding common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.|
|Résumés for America: An online software tool that assists you with creating a résumé by providing tips, writing examples, and suggestions. The software also comes with a cover letter builder and thank you letter builder.|
|Going Global: A database of career and employment resources for 80 worldwide locations, including 42 U.S. and 6 Canadian metro areas. Also includes H1-B visa employer listings, corporate profiles, and 600,000+ job and internship listings.|
|Career Spots: A library of career advice videos about various topics including how to search for jobs/internships, résumé writing, networking, negotiations and more. Get expert advice from recruiters, company employers, educators and students.|
- Career Crate: A career video website which allows users to search for jobs they are interested in.
- CareerOneStop: Offers career, employment and educational information for job seekers.
- CareerQA: Provides information on the demand for certain careers, salaries for specific positions, and pursuing degrees.
- HR Culture Club: Inspires companies to be great places to work and people to find passion in their purpose.
Online Assessments/ Getting Started
- Boyer Management Group’s Career Search and Tools: Evaluates and improves organizational practices within companies.
- Lindsey Pollak: Offers blogs, videos, and event listings to help young professionals on their job search.
- Profession Direction: Provides a compilation of resources and websites to aid job seekers in answering job search questions.
- The Career Project: Allows users to research careers through the professionals who work in that specific field.
Internships & Fellowships
- America's Future Workforce: Match individuals in internships and fellowships where they can acquire knowledge within a field of their choice.
- YouTern: Provides interns with available opportunities, and includes articles on resume writing and networking.
Resume & Cover Letters
- Career Igniter: Offers resources to aid job seekers with resume and cover letter writing, and job searches.
- Resumeup: Provides job search tools to help individuals plan and grow their careers.
- ProRezOnline: Offers a range of tools for job seekers to help with their job search.
- Pivot Planet: Provides resources for finding careers and start-up businesses.
- StartUpHire: Provides a listing of start-up career opportunities in various companies.
Social Media & Building Your Brand
- LinkedIn: Allows users to post their career and work summary for potential employers to review
- LinkUp: Features over 25,000 company career pages, and provides apps for Androids, iPhones or iPads.
- Personal Branding Blog: Offers information on how to create your personal brand.
- TalentCulture: Offers insight, advice, support and networking opportunities.
- The Branding Muse: Providing resources to create and maintain a professional online presence, through classes, consultations, training, and its blog.
- TweetMyJobs: Allows job seekers to sign up and get alerts via email, text or Twitter when jobs have been posted in their field of interest.
- Twitter: Offers insight on both the job search and recruitment processes.
- Workfolio: Develops personal websites for professionals.
Job Search Engines
- Great Rated: Provides an online search engine which allows job seekers to find jobs that best suites them.
- JUSTJobs: Provides a job search engine that finds job listings from company career pages, other job boards, newspapers and associations.
- Modern-Day Nomads: Provides opportunities in different industries for professionals who like to travel.
- Monster.com: Allows job seekers to post their resumes and get assistance with resume and cover letter writing, interview tips and resignation letters.
- Simply Hired: Provides information from job boards, news sites and company listings.
- Skilled Jobs Direct: Matches workers to jobs based on their trade, skills, professional experience, education, preferences, etc.
- USAJobs: Provides available opportunities for Federal jobs and offers information on eligibility, compensation and benefits for Federal workers.
- CareerProPlus: Offers over 300 online and print articles relating to career coaching, resume writing, job search, mastering interview, salary negotiations, etc.
- Corn on the job: Provides blogs that allows job seekers to have their questions answered regarding their job search.
- GameOn Leadership: Offers guidance and support for job seekers by providing them with various tools and resources.
- Recruiter.com: Offers resources that personalize the job search process.
- ResumeBear: Provides a job board in addition to guidance and resources to help job seekers with the job search.
- TalentZoo: Offers a job board focusing on the advertising, marketing, technology, and digital/design industries.
- The Prepary: Publishes advice on job search-related topics.
- Tweak It Together: Provides job seekers with tools and inspiration to manage their careers.
- Vitru : Offers job seekers a small pool of opportunities tailored to them and their interests.
- Corporette: Offers fashion and lifestyle tips to professional women.
- The Story Exchange: Highlights the experience of women-owned business through videos and articles.
- Perspectives with Katie Kempner: Inspires working women find a balance in their careers and personal life.
- Levo League: Provides professional women with advice, inspiration, and the tools needed to succeed.
- She Negotiates: This site publishes blogs, book recommendations, and offers virtual training, video tutorials, and consulting services.
- Stilettos on the Glass Ceiling: Offers support to working women of all ages and vocations.
- The Daily Muse: Offers career advice, book reviews, hiring tips, interview questions, videos and a job board for women.
- TheLi.st: Offers panels, seminars, meetups, conferences and other gatherings for its members.
- The Revolutionary Club: Offers career coaching service targeting women, and blogs with job related advice.
- The Work At Home Woman: Offers a job board that includes positions that can be filled remotely and advice on how to launch home-based careers.
- What’s For Work?: Provides an online community that encourages members, employers, and providers to work together.
Career Coaching & Consulting
- Ace the Race: Offers services and learning opportunities to assist individuals with their careers.
- Avid Careerist: Offers blogs and advice on resume writing, social networking and improving interview skills.
- Kacey Crawford: Provides career coaching to help job seekers discover and design a career that suits them.
- Dana Manciagli: Offers job coaching, and advice on applying and interviewing for positions.
- DevonJames. Com: Provides job seekers with the tools necessary for their job search.
- When I Grow Up: Offers a blog, resources, and coaching services for job seekers.
- WorkLifeNation: Offers videos and blogs with advice for work-related stress and coaching sessions.
- Payscale: Offers free salary data to users in exchange for information about their jobs and compensation.
- Salary.com:Provides information on job salaries, potential benefits and bonuses, and sample arguments to make in a salary negotiation.
- VetNet: The site includes videos, resume, career advice and links to programs for veteran entrepreneurs.
- Neighbors-helping-Neighbors: This site allows group members to assist each other with job searches, and help with personal and professional networking.
- My Lifestyle Career: Offers career advice and resources to individuals focusing on retirement
(Website sources: Forbes Top 100 and Honorable Mention)