Become a Mentee - Students
What is a mentee?
A mentee is an individual (in our case, a student) who is seeking to grow and develop by gaining information and/or experiences through a relationship with a mentor.
What are the benefits of participating in the mentor program?
- Gain guidance, support and hands-on experiences in the career you plan to pursue.
- Get your foot in the door and establish a professional network.
- Develop your professional presence through reinforcement of certain essential skills, such as effective communication, networking and poise.
- Create a link between you and the greater Manhattan College community extending beyond the classroom.
Who can apply?
- Engineering students apply during their summer orientation and participate as freshmen.
- Arts/Business/Science students apply during their freshman and sophomore years to participate as sophomores and juniors.
- Transfer students are always allowed to participate in the Mentor Program regardless of their class standing.
What are the requirements?
- All mentees are required to complete a professional development workshop which includes communication and presentation skills, professional attire and etiquette, online personal branding and introduction to Professional Pathway Program also known as P3.
- All mentees are required to complete the basic level of Professional Pathway Program online.
- Attend an orientation before meeting the mentor.
- Attend Meet and Greet event in the fall semester.
- Attend Mentor Dinner in the spring semester.
- Complete a program plan with their mentors.
- Meet regularly with their mentors during the academic year.
- Complete evaluation form at the end of the spring semester.
How do I apply?
Students must apply to join the Mentor Program. If you are interested in applying for Mentor Program, please fill out online form:
For more information, contact Career Development at 718-862-7224 or email@example.com
Please note, acceptance in the mentor program is at the discretion of the coordinator of the mentor program.