Employer Recruitment Services and Programs
The Center for Career Development (CCD) works with employers to assist them in hiring our students for jobs and internships. Below are some of the services and programs we offer for employers:
The Center for Career Development adheres to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) policy statement regarding unpaid internships and to the Department of Labor Standards Federal guidelines for unpaid internship.. Please consider these when developing your unpaid internship posting.
You are eligible to post a position and recruit at Manhattan College if you are recruiting for a legitimate full-time, part-time or internship opportunity.
Employers may NOT:
- Ask for fees to pay for training, applications or other job-related expenses (excluding federal and state licensing requirements such as real estate, securities, etc.)
- Ask a student intern to pay any fee except for housing or tuition
- Ask a student to deposit fee or reimburse any kind of payment as part of recruiting practice
- Post positions that are solely commission-based, for personal services (ie: nanny, babysitter, in-home caregiver), or positions that are short-term and/or project-based
Third party agencies MUST:
- Disclose their relationship with their client
- Make clear that the client is paying for any fees assessed by the third-party agency
- Ensure that their client does not pass along a student's résumé to another party without the student's consent
Employers are welcome to participate at our career fairs throughout the year for full-time, part-time, temporary, internship, and volunteer opportunities. Register by logging into JasperLink and conducting a search under “career fairs and events” to find the below events. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accounting / Consulting / Finance / Technology / Entrepreneurship / Security / Human Resources / Start-ups
|STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Career Fair
Engineering / Computer / Technology / Construction / Security / Healthcare / Consulting / Science / Biotech / Pharmaceutical
|Civic Engagement & Not-For-Profit Career Fair
Advertising / Communications & Media / Marketing / Entertainment / Government / Law / Public Policy / Social Justice / Sports / Recreation / Community Service / Education / Sustainability
|CAREER FAIR||TENTATIVE DATE|
|Spring Career Fair
Consumer Goods / International Relations / Publishing / Law / Development / Academic Research / Start-ups / Public Relations / Social Services / Engineering / Technology / Business / Security / Fellowships / Community Service / International Opporutnities
|Education Career Fair
School Counseling / K-12 School Administration / Special Education / Public, Private, Charter Schools / Teaching Fellowships / Higher Education Administration / Teaching K -12 /Graduate Schools
For additional questions about career fairs, contact us at email@example.com.
You can conduct interviews on-campus from our designated interview rooms during the academic year. To request on-campus recruitment:
- Log in to JasperLink.
- Click on “Create New Schedule Request” to request an available date.
- We recommend that you arrange a date by the end of August for fall recruiting, and by mid-January for spring recruiting.
- Please visit our recruiting calendar to review important dates that may impact your recruiting timeline.
If you have any questions about on-campus recruiting, please contact Bernadette Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On a case-by-case basis, CCD provides e-résumé referrals for employers who are looking to fill currently open positions with specific criteria. To receive qualified candidates’ e-résumés, please contact Bernadette Hicks at email@example.com.
We do not provide e-résumé referrals service to third-party recruiters and fee-based international employers.
There are many ways to establish and strengthen your brand name on campus. Please contact us at 718-862-7224 to get more information or to arrange the following:
Set up a table in a central location to distribute information about your organization and available job and internship opportunities.
Online/Social Media Advertising
Publicize your job postings and events via our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.
Advertise internships and job opportunities via the student newspaper, as well as in the CCD newsletters and alumni e-newsletter. Please contact CCD for rates.
Class and Student Organizations Presentation
CCD can help you coordinate a workshop or presentation with a specific student group.
Arrange your campus visit and advertise it on our calendar. Please submit an event description as soon as possible so that we may get the details to our students. See a sample event calendar listing here.
Send the event description to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Employer Name: Event Description." Here is the suggested template for the description:
- Title of Event:
- Presenter’s Information: name, organization, title
- Brief Description: Be sure to highlight any significant speakers and discuss what students should expect. What should students be prepared for? Will there be alumni there?
- Target Audience: undergraduates or master's students
- Registration Information: RSVP through CCD and/or through your website?
- Suggested Attire: business casual, business formal, casual
- Suggested Resources: We can provide links or tips here.
- Additional questions? Contact information?
We often receive requests from employers who would like participate in the following career education programs to help our students better prepare necessary documents, improve their skills, and learn about different opportunities:
- Employer Résumé Critique
- Employer Mock-Interviewing Program
- Financial Workshop
If you want to participate in this program, please contact Nadia Peters at email@example.com.