Update About Impending Storm & East Hill Power Outage
All classes this week will meet as scheduled. If there are any college-wide changes to scheduled classes, an e2Campus alert will be sent out via text message and email. East Hill is expected to have power restored soon.
Today’s storm is expected to bring high winds, rain and light snow. Due to these conditions, members of the campus community are encouraged to use caution and to stay indoors.
As of now, all classes this week will meet as scheduled, but members of the community should use discretion in making decisions to travel. Students who have evening classes tonight can reach out directly to individual professors.
If there are any college-wide changes to scheduled classes, an e2Campus alert will be sent out via text message and email. Students and employees who have not yet signed up to receive the e2Campus alerts should do so at: http://manhattan.edu/student_life/public-safety/emergency-alerts/e2campus-signup
Students can also add parents to their e2Campus accounts to receive text message and email alerts.
Con Edison is actively working to restore power to East Hill, as well as Alumni Hall and Draddy. They have told us that power should be restored in the next 24 hours, pending any delays or further damage.
Here is a recap of our current conditions in East Hill:
- Emergency hallway lighting is working on all floors and one elevator is running.
- The heat is on in hallways but the electrical fans within rooms do not have power.
- There is hot water for showering. Tap water remains safe to drink.
- The 24-7 Public Safety desk in the lobby is still being staffed and Residence Life staff members remain available throughout the building and in Thomas 514.
- Housekeeping and Physical Plant staff have been working throughout the storm and will continue to work to keep up with trash removal and general cleanliness issues.
- Overnight guests will not be permitted in East Hill until full power is restored.
Students are encouraged to continue to stay with friends in one of the College’s other four residence halls until power and heat are fully restored.
Students who would like to relocate but are unable to identify a host should contact AJ Goodman, East Hill Area Coordinator, for assistance in relocating:
Office: Residence Life Office, Thomas Hall 514
Aside from the buildings still without power, all other College services are running normally (including all dining operations) and are not expected to be impacted by today’s storm.