The systems administrator is responsible for installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware related to web and other on line services, data and voice services, backup disaster recovery, reporting and monitoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Install and configure systems to support the college's infrastructure applications.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Application of OS and other software patches and updates.
- Maintain documentation on the operations, configurations, and procedures for all college systems.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support the planning process.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization.
- Write scripts to automate system administration and maintenance tasks
- Participate in research and development to improve existing services as well as provide new services as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field plus 3-5 years systems administration in a Linux environment (Redhat preferred)
- Experience with writing system scripts and other light programming tasks. Experience with backup and recovery procedures including disaster recovery and appropriate testing of recover procedures. Salary low 70's. Please send resume cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com