Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Reporting to the Director Financial Aid Administration, the Programmer Analyst will coordinate all aspects of the implementation and maintenance of the Financial Aid module of SCT/Banner software, oversee the packaging process as part of the Enrollment Management team. Acts as a lead in performing systems analysis of computer and network systems that encompass information technology and data from sources of financial aid, student accounts and institution accounts. Overall coordination of overall use of technology to support the mission of the Financial Aid Administration office.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze system issues, troubleshoot software issues and provide in-house training. Daily administration, maintenance and upkeep of modules and various financial aid.
• Devise and modify procedures in response to queries from staff and other institution administrators. Work closely with enrollment management staff to continuously gather and analyze day-to-day requirements. Assist with resolution of issues by providing reporting solutions and troubleshooting hardware/software, PC and printer problems
• Write and perform population selections within modules of Banner. Download Department of Education files and other secure files and upload data to Banner on a routine basis
• Assist in collecting, editing and organizing information required for preparation of manuals, guides, reports and other deliverables
• Deliver work product in adherence to guidelines established by the institution, Title IV funding regulations, and other federal, state and third-party regulations.
• Develop recommendations for system process improvements and design alternatives for new application systems and enhancements
Ensure the provision of excellent, quality service to students, parents, faculty and staff. Ensure the safeguards and compliancy of student record confidentiality Daily FAFSA data load from CPS to banner system using FTP Daily upload of Federal Direct Loan (Stafford and PLUS) and
Grants from COD to banner via SAIG gateway using FTP
• Disbursement and troubleshooting of loans via SQL reporting including ad hoc reports Extract and export loans between Banner System and COD using EDExpress third Party Software. Test upgrades and report on issues in Test environment for production upgrades of Banner System
• Maintain computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures Maintain upgrade and update information from Ellucian in order to keep day to day functions as smooth as possible Identify patterns and issues in Financial Aid for more efficient troubleshooting Provide non-technical support for Front Desk personnel
• Keep equipment operational by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment
• Bachelor’s degree required. 2-4 years experience with administrative software packages. Preference to candidates with Banner or other related experience. Open to review candidates who are financial aid counselors using similar software and have demonstrated strong technical repertoire.
• Demonstrated knowledge in information systems concepts, practices & procedures.
• Proven ability in use of problem-solving techniques to deliver solutions. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work with aggressive deadlines.
• Excellent planning, organizational, team-building, verbal/written communication skills required. Assist with some evening and few weekend hours as needed.
• Initiative in seeking constant student service delivery improvements.
• Experience with data extraction tools and relational database (SQL,Oracle preferred) Knowledge and proficiency in Windows/Office necessary to manage financial reports and coordinate all types of written and electronic correspondence. Strong technical literacy and ability to learn/implement new software applications without hesitation.
If you are interested in this position, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com